San Pedro Restaurants

27 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Depends on the kind of food you'd like. The Green Onion is a long time favorite for Mexican, Raffaello Ristorante a long time favorite for old school Italian and 22nd Street Landing for seafood, atmosphere and view.

are these all in downtown long beach?

1 minute ago, AF-1 said:

are these all in downtown long beach?

Those are all San Pedro. Long Beach has almost too many good ones to name. I love L'Opera, Michael's on Naples, the Ordinarie, Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles (down home food), Bo Beau Kitchen, Congregation Ale House, 555 East Steakhouse and many others.

4 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Those are all San Pedro. Long Beach has almost too many good ones to name. I love L'Opera, Michael's on Naples, the Ordinarie, Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles (down home food), Bo Beau Kitchen, Congregation Ale House, 555 East Steakhouse and many others.

Got it.  I just canx Hyatt Regency and booked Hyatt Centric

6 hours ago, MikeBayAreaCa said:

Any recommendations for a restaurant in San Pedro the night prior to our cruise.  

Mike,

Scott's recommendations are good...

Note that most San Pedro eateries are in Downtown--near the Crowne Plaza...but the 22nd Street Landing is down by the marina--near the Doubletree.

My personal long-time favorite is the San Pedro Brewing Co. --about a half a block from the Crowne Plaza...Great Tri-Tip Sandwich and a fairly eclectic menu...Last time we stayed in Pedro pre-cruise, we ate there an at the Green Onion...Enjoyed both, as usual...

For those headed to Long Beach, there are a LOT of restaurants in the strip between the Aquarium and Seaport Village...many are chains that you can find at home as well...So it depends on what you want.  I know Scott is only "okay" with Parker's Lighthouse...but I really like it--for the VIEW--if you get the right table...It is at the end of the point and has a great view of the QM and the harbor...so, it's a little different...There are also a number of restaurants heading up Pine and a block or so to either side...

• Like 2

Yes, forgot about the SP Brewing Co. Really like it a lot. Never been to Compagnon Wine Bistro, but they get rave reviews. How a French bistro sneaked into working class San Pedro I'll never know. I'm still in mourning over the closure of Papadakis Taverna.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Mike,

Scott's recommendations are good...

Note that most San Pedro eateries are in Downtown--near the Crowne Plaza...but the 22nd Street Landing is down by the marina--near the Doubletree.

My personal long-time favorite is the San Pedro Brewing Co. --about a half a block from the Crowne Plaza...Great Tri-Tip Sandwich and a fairly eclectic menu...Last time we stayed in Pedro pre-cruise, we ate there an at the Green Onion...Enjoyed both, as usual...

For those headed to Long Beach, there are a LOT of restaurants in the strip between the Aquarium and Seaport Village...many are chains that you can find at home as well...So it depends on what you want.  I know Scott is only "okay" with Parker's Lighthouse...but I really like it--for the VIEW--if you get the right table...It is at the end of the point and has a great view of the QM and the harbor...so, it's a little different...There are also a number of restaurants heading up Pine and a block or so to either side...

Thank you for this info.  We will be staying either San Pedro Doubletree or Hyatt Centric in LGB.  So there are some great recommendations from you.  Cheers

12 minutes ago, Jeff in Torrance said:

We prefer the Think Cafe, located at 302 W. 5th Street, in San Pedro.  An easy walk from the cruise terminal or the Crown Plaza.  https://www.thinkcafesanpedro.com/menu

We had both lunch and dinner there within the past couple of weeks.  

That is a good menu;  thanks for the tip

• 4 months later...
On 7/1/2021 at 5:11 PM, Jeff in Torrance said:

We prefer the Think Cafe, located at 302 W. 5th Street, in San Pedro.  An easy walk from the cruise terminal or the Crown Plaza.  https://www.thinkcafesanpedro.com/menu

We had both lunch and dinner there within the past couple of weeks.  

Thanks for the recommendation, we ate lunch there yesterday before our Bliss cruise. Just a block away from the Crown Plaza. Food was very good and we thought prices were reasonable. 

1 hour ago, Lorey2007 said:

We won't be we looking for a big meal are there any fast food places near Crowne Plaza, Subway, Jimmy Johns or burger places?   

There's a Subway on the same block as the CP...kind of just around the corner...but, seriously...you can get that any time back home...

But, for about the same price as what you'll pay for two skimpy Subway sandwiches, two bags of chips and two soft drinks, you can go the other direction down the block to Green Onion and sit down to a great Mexican meal with REALLY good food...A Taco plate for two is only $16...Two item combo dinners with more than you can eat are only $10.95...Heck, not hungry?  A one item combo is $8.50...and this is MUCH better than Subway any day of the week...

Menu (greenonionmexicanrestaurant.com)

Don't settle for bad fast food in uncomfortable seating when there are so many reasonably priced good choices in the same area.  Trust me, you won't ever see Mexican food this good back home in Michigan...

• Like 2

Sounds like many of you are knowledgeable about San Pedro.  We are currently booked at the Best Western  because we have points to cover the stay.  We are driving  there and DH prefers to park at the pier, do a walk off and get on the road when we return.  Anywhere you might recommend for dinner around that area?  

3 minutes ago, imola said:

Sounds like many of you are knowledgeable about San Pedro.  We are currently booked at the Best Western  because we have points to cover the stay.  We are driving  there and DH prefers to park at the pier, do a walk off and get on the road when we return.  Anywhere you might recommend for dinner around that area?  

Seriously, there's pretty much close to nothing around the Best Western...(Taco Bell, El Pollo Loco, McDonalds)...But, you'll have your car...so, drive a few blocks and go to one of the restaurants we've all talked about on this thread...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, imola said:

Dinner around the Best Western? Unless you just love Nachos BellGrande (Taco Bell), I'd drive to the Green Onion, San Pedro Brewing Co, Raffaello Ristorante, 22nd St Landing, or J. Trani's; to name a few.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 8:34 PM, imola said:

Since you will have a car, there is also the San Pedro Fish Market and their famous shrimp tray. You can see many videos about it on YouTube.

And hey, there's always UberEats and DoorDash! I was exhausted by the time I got to the Crowne Plaza last week, to the point that walking even to the Green Onion was too daunting. Room service? Nope, they weren't even answering the phone. That was probably for the best, really...

Instead, a nice DoorDash driver brought me rolls from RollStop Sushi in San Pedro. If you're a low carber, I highly recommend their rice-free rolls that use shredded crab meat to hold together everything. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We stayed at the Hyatt in LGB.  We ate at Tequilla Jacks.  It was great.  The price of taxi from hotel to port was minimal and it took ten minutes.  Will stay in LGB if I sail out of LGB or Port of LA in the future

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

We stayed at the Hyatt in LGB.  We ate at Tequilla Jacks.  It was great.  The price of taxi from hotel to port was minimal and it took ten minutes.  Will stay in LGB if I sail out of LGB or Port of LA in the future

I think you mean you stayed at a Hyatt in Downtown Long Beach (DTLB), not LGB. To say "LGB" makes it sound like you stayed by the airport and I don't believe there are any Hyatt hotels by the airport.

Downtown Long Beach is fine for San Pedro cruises, but not as good as the two or three hotels in San Pedro for convenience, in my opinion. There is undoubtedly more to see and do in DTLB, but it depends on what people's priorities are.

On 12/13/2021 at 5:58 AM, scottca075 said:

Downtown Long Beach is fine for San Pedro cruises, but not as good as the two or three hotels in San Pedro for convenience, in my opinion. There is undoubtedly more to see and do in DTLB, but it depends on what people's priorities are.

Which hotel is better Double Tree or Crowne Plaza ? We're already booked one night stay at CP, but for some reasons I keeps looking at Double Tree 😊.Thanks .

Edited by Moon Orchid

On 12/13/2021 at 7:58 AM, scottca075 said:

I think you mean you stayed at a Hyatt in Downtown Long Beach (DTLB), not LGB. To say "LGB" makes it sound like you stayed by the airport and I don't believe there are any Hyatt hotels by the airport.

Sorry,  I am a flyer so when I speak about a town/city I always use the airport code.  Yes we stayed in downtown Long Beach at the new Hyatt across from marina.  It was ten minutes from airport and ten minutes to cruise port.  Thanks for the correction.