Any news on what % occupancy HAL will be using for 2021 cruises?

DaveOKC

I watched a video where Gus Antorcha was doing a Q and A with HAL Aboard and it was asked specifically about the Greece and Alaska cruises starting in July. He mentioned they were starting with 50% capacity . They would go from there depending on what the CDC allows and recommends. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

Someone mentioned on a Nov. cruise that HAL was limiting the occupancy.  Has anyone heard any details on HAL's approach to this  and what level they might be using for 2021?

I’m not sure with  Carib Cruises but Gus said the 1st Cruises for AK and Greece will by at 50%.  After that one they will gradually go to 80% but that can change.   He’s on Seth tomorrow so maybe more News!  

3 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

If occupancy is presently at 50%  are they operating with less than a 100% crew?

I would guess yes. IIRC I saw an article that one of the first Celebrity cruises went out with 600 pax and 700 crew. 

I saw that the first sailings in Greece were with no inside or ocean view cabins sold, the second was with no inside cabins sold.  After that it will probably be business as usual.

• Like 2