DP340 Single fare discount vs 60% off second passenger?

51 minutes ago, zebra36 said:

Interested in how this would work and is the DP340 discount really all that much if the 60% off second passenger is factored in?

The % sale should not make any difference, the fare should still be 75% of the double occupancy rate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zebra36 said:

Interested in how this would work and is the DP340 discount really all that much if the 60% off second passenger is factored in?

As mentioned it makes no difference.  They calculate the full fare for 2 guests that includes the 60% off guest 2 and then they multiply that by .75 to get the solo fare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The cruise I just checked was a total of $749 for two people.  75% of that would be $562.  Using DP340 the rate for a solo was $536.  Now, the $562 had a $25 instant savings included, but so did the $536 rate.  Without DP340 the solo rate was $660.

I have 6 cruises booked using DP340, and I gave up trying to figure out their math.  I do know that they give you the best rate they have available, and I think sometimes the 60% off second passenger was used.  I "think" this is because some cruises the solo supplement is 100% and some lower.

I got some great pricing for most of these, with cabins anywhere from Promendade View, Outside, Inside with Virtual Balcony, Junior Suite.  My average solo daily rate is $169.  

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Is it the reaching C&A 340 nights.

This (more correctly points). The discount should show up if you put that code in during the booking process.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

What is the DP340 and how do you go about booking.  Is it the reaching C&A 340 nights.

It's the code you put in the promo box to get the 150% single supplement once you reach 340 points