Great job Princess handling my cancelled cruise

I was very disappointed when my Aug 28, 2021 Cabo sailing out of LA got cancelled.  I really was surprised as the Alaska sailings were moving forward nicely.  Even though we had many new sailings to choose from for a price match, the only date that worked for me and my travel partner was Oct 27.  When I spoke to my PVP there were very few suites left and no S6's (we had an S6 Vista suite on the cancelled sailing).  He put a hold on an aft penthouse (S4) and the owners suite (S2).  On the Grand the aft penthouse is next to the center vent and I had a previous cruise adversely impacted by the odors that made the balcony mostly unusable.  

I asked my PVP if he could ask Princess to price match us to the S4 (the S4 is $250 more pp than we paid for the S6) and then let us upgrade the extra $300 pp for the owners suite.  I just got an email with my new booking and I am very happy to report that Princess price matched our S6 with the S2!  I still can not believe my eyes!  

How is Princess treating you with regards to these price matched offerings?  

• Like 5

When I chose my "replacement" 7-day cruise, they wanted me to pay an extra $300 on top of the original "we want you back so we're willing to lower your deposit to bargain basement level" promotional total deposit of $200 I had paid in April for the now cancelled cruise. Reason? As of May 1st, 6-9 day cruises required a $250 pp deposit, so since I had paid the equivalent of $100 pp deposit in April, I owed the extra $150 pp or $300 total on the "replacement" cruise.

But, when I booked another cruise this past June for later in the year, the deposit had gone back down to $200 total (or $100 pp). I asked the agent about the May 1st change to $250 pp deposits, and he had to go off line to check on what I had asked. When he came back, he told me: "Your deposit is as stated, $200 total."  

We'll see...

Edited by PRNole47

Wow, the better treatment for booking a suite begins before you even board the ship.

Our July 3rd cruise was cancelled, but we had a lowly inside. Our TA was on hold for several hours, and was hung-up on/disconnected at least once while trying to get our FCCs applied to other bookings.

They tried to get us to put more money down, and I absolutely refused.

My folks and I were booked on the Caribbean Princess for an 8-night Southern Caribbean sailing, and the replacement cruise they offered leaves the same day, from the same port, and is instead on the Enchanted Princess for a 10-night sailing!  Even better, my folks were able to get an ADA accessible cabin (one of them is going to be using a wheelchair), which they wouldn't have had on the old sailing!

My cabin is not on the same deck as theirs (not a problem), I'm sailing on a brand new ship, with two more nights (includes Princess Plus package, btw), for a sailing that would have cost me twice as much otherwise!  We're ecstatic and thrilled with the new sailing!  🥰

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Wow, the better treatment for booking a suite begins before you even board the ship.

Our July 3rd cruise was cancelled, but we had a lowly inside. Our TA was on hold for several hours, and was hung-up on/disconnected at least once while trying to get our FCCs applied to other bookings.

They tried to get us to put more money down, and I absolutely refused.

I have used the same great PVP for the last 5 years. I think using PVPs are an advantage in getting answers, call backs and email responses in a timely fashion. 

15 hours ago, PRNole47 said:

When I chose my "replacement" 7-day cruise, they wanted me to pay an extra $300 on top of the original "we want you back so we're willing to lower your deposit to bargain basement level" promotional total deposit of $200 I had paid in April for the now cancelled cruise. Reason? As of May 1st, 6-9 day cruises required a $250 pp deposit, so since I had paid the equivalent of $100 pp deposit in April, I owed the extra $150 pp or $300 total on the "replacement" cruise.

But, when I booked another cruise this past June for later in the year, the deposit had gone back down to $200 total (or $100 pp). I asked the agent about the May 1st change to $250 pp deposits, and he had to go off line to check on what I had asked. When he came back, he told me: "Your deposit is as stated, $200 total."  

We'll see...

Was this a price match sailing?  I’ve had at least 7 sailings cancelled but this is the only one that had a list of price matched sailings to choose from. 

8 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Was this a price match sailing?  I’ve had at least 7 sailings cancelled but this is the only one that had a list of price matched sailings to choose from. 

I don't know that it was referred to as "price match" or by any other name. All I know is that I was guaranteed no price increases. And, in reality, there was no price increase, as the fare and all other fees and credits remained the same. Only thing that changed was the required deposit, which went from the $200 promo one, designed to get customers back on board, to the $500 ($250pp) that went into effect May 1st. So, paying the extra $300 to meet the new post-May 1 deposit requirements, that money  would have applied to the final payment, as it would have been reduced by another $300. It's just that after being told of the new increase in required deposit, effective May 1, they ignored that and charged me a $200 deposit when I booked another cruise in June.

Edited by PRNole47

On 7/3/2021 at 10:19 PM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I have used the same great PVP for the last 5 years. I think using PVPs are an advantage in getting answers, call backs and email responses in a timely fashion. 

Do you have to book direcly with Princess to get a PVP ?