Mini bar allowed in Veranda cabins

lovetosew

As I look at the cabin amenities on Viking Oceans, It appears that only penthouse and above are entitled to alcohol in their staterooms. As a solo traveler, I may not want to relax in a lounge by myself.  What provisions does Viking have for those who might want a mini bar of their own in their stateroom yet prefer to have a deluxe veranda cabin.

Every cabin has a mini-fridge and you can bring your own wine onboard.

I don’t know for sure but I suspect you can also bring your own spirits.

Also note that Viking has regular “get togethers” for solo travelers to meet and mingle.

Tom

2 minutes ago, lovetosew said:

As I look at the cabin amenities on Viking Oceans, It appears that only penthouse and above are entitled to alcohol in their staterooms. As a solo traveler, I may not want to relax in a lounge by myself.  What provisions does Viking have for those who might want a mini bar of their own in their stateroom yet prefer to have a deluxe veranda cabin.

You will have a mini frig in your DV . You can bring on wine , liquor on to the ship , no problem . 

Our last cruise (so long ago) was in March 2020. We were in the lowest category V. I purchased a bottle of gin and scotch in San Juan and brought them onto the ship. I requested tonic from our cabin steward and never had a problem. Cheers 

• Like 2

Very reassuring indeed.  Even as a senior traveler, I would still like to be able to have my own night cap available in my cabin.  Some cruise lines absolutely go nuts if you want to bring on your own wee stash for personal use.  

13 hours ago, lovetosew said:

Very reassuring indeed.  Even as a senior traveler, I would still like to be able to have my own night cap available in my cabin.  Some cruise lines absolutely go nuts if you want to bring on your own wee stash for personal use.  

Not only will Viking not “go nuts” if you bring your own beverages aboard but they will open it, serve it and store it for you!  Ask for a bucket of ice and it will be replenished twice daily for the rest of the cruise!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1