Deluxe Honeymoon/Anniversary Package or DELUXE ROMANCE PACKAGE

zerooveride

So NCL has these packages that are almost the same (one has Tea Service which doesn't matter to us). We will be celebrating our 5th Anniversary (albeit 4 months late) on the Encore in August. Included is a dinner for two at Le Bistro. Are you stuck with Le Bistro only? Me and the wife aren't really interested in Le Bistro. Can it be changed, once on board, to Cagney's or Onda? Has anyone else ordered this package and done this. 

Thanks for the replies!

On 7/10/2021 at 4:37 PM, zerooveride said:

So NCL has these packages that are almost the same (one has Tea Service which doesn't matter to us). We will be celebrating our 5th Anniversary (albeit 4 months late) on the Encore in August. Included is a dinner for two at Le Bistro. Are you stuck with Le Bistro only? Me and the wife aren't really interested in Le Bistro. Can it be changed, once on board, to Cagney's or Onda? Has anyone else ordered this package and done this. 

Thanks for the replies!

Hi there:

Sorry you didn't get any replies to your question. I have never tried to change the specialty restaurant from a package, but here are my thoughts:

- You can contact NCL and ask if it can be changed once on board, but try to get the response in writing because once aboard, corporate can't help. 

- Some staff on board can be sticky about changing things, others are willing to make changes. Unless you're booked in the Haven and have a concierge to go to bat for you, you may find you're spending a lot of your vacation lining up to try to get it done.

- Do the math with the a la carte price of all of the amenities included in the package. The value may be there even if you skip le Bistro and buy a one meal specialty dining  package so you can go where you want. (And bonus, if they let you switch, you've got another specialty restaurant meal!)

if  you are platinum or platinum + you get 2 extra free dinners, this will allow you to choose cagneys. by the way, if you check the menu for le bistro, it isnt to bad, and you might actually enjoy dinner there. i would say it's really  on a par with cagneys, maybe even a touch better

the only reason i stay away from there is they require a collared shirt, which i dont want to wear while on vacation

9 minutes ago, MaineYachtClub said:

Call me a softie, but c'mon, this is a ROMANCE package.  Think crepes and coq-au-vin and a bottle of Bordeaux at an intimate table for two with French décor and music, or a noisy steakhouse with a beer and a slab of meat.

Not my, or my wife's style. We will like Cagney's and Onda better. More our style. 

We are celebrating our 30th anniversary on our next cruise (hopefully transatlantic dec 2021). Personally I would kill hubby for spending the money on that package...as long as he takes me out and does’t complain about my thermal spa pass I am happy..mind you I did upgrade us to the haven...

1 hour ago, MaineYachtClub said:

Call me a softie, but c'mon, this is a ROMANCE package.  Think crepes and coq-au-vin and a bottle of Bordeaux at an intimate table for two with French décor and music, or a noisy steakhouse with a beer and a slab of meat.

Cagney's is lovely and the service is equally as nice as Le Bistro. I'd much rather eat at Cagney's than a meal with my spouse not enjoying the menu. (Now, La Cucina... eew.) 

1 hour ago, Shellbelle28 said:

Cagney's is lovely and the service is equally as nice as Le Bistro. I'd much rather eat at Cagney's than a meal with my spouse not enjoying the menu. (Now, La Cucina... eew.) 

We actually quite enjoyed La Cucina on the POA. We thought it was the best of the 5 Specialties we did.

8 minutes ago, zerooveride said:

We actually quite enjoyed La Cucina on the POA. We thought it was the best of the 5 Specialties we did.

I'm glad it was good for you. I think it has the most uneven quality of NCL's specialty venues. We had delicious fried calamari, and not much else was enjoyable.