My Time Dining Question

Sorry if this has  been asked before……. We are signed up for MTD. Does it work the same way as other cruise lines? I saw an option to reserve a daily dinner time but the earliest available was 7:00 pm. That’s too late for us. Will it be possible to just show up earlier and get a table for two within a reasonable wait time? Thanks for your help.

5 minutes ago, Sweetiepie3 said:

Sorry if this has  been asked before……. We are signed up for MTD. Does it work the same way as other cruise lines? I saw an option to reserve a daily dinner time but the earliest available was 7:00 pm. That’s too late for us. Will it be possible to just show up earlier and get a table for two within a reasonable wait time? Thanks for your help.

We always just show up whenever we want and ask for a table and they might say it’s a bit of a wait but never too long of a wait. 

48 minutes ago, Sweetiepie3 said:

Not sure which ship you are going on, but the past three sailings on the Harmony (pre-Covid) they were using the My Time dining room from 5:00-6:30 for traditional dining, so they weren’t letting any My Time diners in until after  6:30 or so which caused a huge back up with early diners mixing with the usual 7pm crowd.

It was the reason we had to go back to early traditional dining after enjoying My Time for a number of years…..

Edited by GTO-Girl

56 minutes ago, Sweetiepie3 said:

When is your sailing? Every day it was no earlier than 7:00Pm? That implies all the earlier times were taken which TBH is unusual, since 7:00, 7:15 and 7:30 are the most popular times. Usually the really really times are always still available. 

2 hours ago, Sweetiepie3 said:

Thanks for the responses. We are on the September 25th sailing of the Dream. We will see how just showing up at an earlier time works out.

This is the RCI board so perhaps some of the answers may not apply to the cruiseline you've booked.