Let's talk food!

relmondcrsise

21 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

Oxo, from the Cafe al Bacio menu - I have no idea what is in the Iglu powder:

GLU (Caffe Frappé)   $6
Espresso, ice, milk and the IGLU powder mixture (your choice), chocolate or vanilla

Thank you! Will try one on Edge 9/4.

Stay Safe! Happy Cruising! 

We're about to take our first Celebrity cruise and are excited about all the good things we've heard about the food. Like some others, I tend to enjoy something more savory than sweet to wrap up a meal. Is there a cheese plate available? 

I try to be a good boy in this life so that, in the next, I might be in a place where I can have an excellent cheese plate and a Fernet every night. 😀

Man, those lamb chops look delicious! 

47 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I tend to enjoy something more savory than sweet to wrap up a meal. Is there a cheese plate available? 

I try to be a good boy in this life so that, in the next, I might be in a place where I can have an excellent cheese plate and a Fernet every night. 😀

Ask your waiter--they usually can make it happen!

3 hours ago, DCPIV said:

We're about to take our first Celebrity cruise and are excited about all the good things we've heard about the food. Like some others, I tend to enjoy something more savory than sweet to wrap up a meal. Is there a cheese plate available? 

Yes there is usually a cheese plate available , if you do not see it of have some preference, ask the waiter. All waiters we have had on Celebrity have been more than accommodating to our requests. In addition if in Concierge and you do not like the daily selection of tapas, ask for a fruit and cheese plate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Yes. I'm almost certain it was on the dessert menu every night. 

00-dhJjO4ndmqhGHQsv00F0QRRBDUEF-pJHeFcQ1

Edited by luckybecky
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, DCPIV said:

We're about to take our first Celebrity cruise and are excited about all the good things we've heard about the food. Like some others, I tend to enjoy something more savory than sweet to wrap up a meal. Is there a cheese plate available? ...

😀

Hello, "DCPIV."

You are a wise person!

Each MDR dessert menu says this:

"A  SELECTION  OF  DOMESTIC  AND  IMPORTED  CHEESES,  SERVED  WITH  CRACKERS  AND  BISCUITS."

Not mentioned is the fact that fruit (grapes, etc.) is also provided.  We cannot recall if we were able to ask for dried fruit (such as apricots), which we prefer.

If you don't want the crackers (as we do not), you can ask your waiter to avoid bringing them.

Believe it or not, we have sometimes been unable to find a desirable appetizer on a menu, so we have asked for, and received, a cheese plate instead.

• Thanks 1