Princess EZ Air...how soon can I upgrade my seats?

MudderBear

Just playing around with EZ Air for my cruise next year.  It seems as though if I am paying for economy seats, that I can't upgrade to a preferred seat on their website....it says I have to contact the carrier myself.

I don't mind that, but wondering if it is something that can be done within an hour or day after I make the booking with Princess?  Or is it not until I make the payment which would be next winter?  I don't want to risk not getting a good seat for a long flight.  Thank you.

You may not be able to get a preferred seat at all.

It completely depends on the fare rules of the ticket itself -- and since you are not going to actually be ticketed until shortly before your flights, you are left in limbo.

Also, you don't specify what kind of "preferred seat" you are looking to upgrade into.  Some require a completely different fare category, some are merely a seat fee.  And, as I mentioned, it all depends on the actual ticket that you have purchased.

Caveat emptor.

I'm looking to book an economy ticket, but then pay about $90 for extra leg room, which is what I would be able to do if/when I book it on my own.  I'm starting to think that maybe I should just book this through AA myself.  I know with AA I will be guaranteed a free checked bag (if I do it on my own because I am an AA Advantage member).  Not sure if a Princess Air booking would accommodate that.

2 hours ago, MudderBear said:

I'm looking to book an economy ticket, but then pay about $90 for extra leg room, which is what I would be able to do if/when I book it on my own.

And depending on the ticket you get from Princess, that may or may not have the ability to buy a seat in Main Cabin Extra.  Princess can't/won't give you the fare basis until after you are ticketed, so you are getting a pig in a poke.

2 hours ago, MudderBear said:

I know with AA I will be guaranteed a free checked bag (if I do it on my own because I am an AA Advantage member).

You would get the bag as an Advantage ELITE member, but not as just a non-elite member.  You would also get the bag as a holder of an AA credit card.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The main reason to use EZAir is that you don't need to pay when you book and you can re fare easily

AA will allow you to pay for a seat upgrade fo more legroom and you will have your normal baggage allowance

It doesn't matter now that you've already booked your flight but it might work for you next time

On 8/22/2021 at 12:03 PM, riffatsea said:

It doesn't matter now that you've already booked your flight but it might work for you next time

EZ Air seems much more accommodating that other cruise line air programs especially if you have status on the airline you chose.

We have used Princess EZAir multiple times and have had no problem calling United after making our EZAir booking to change our seats from economy to economy plus for free which is a United status perk.  On one roundtrip we were also able to change seats for two traveling companies for free (again a status perk).  All our luggage allowances from our status were honored regardless of the ticket class.

Our best upgrade was on a London to Washington, DC flight where we paid for economy seats but had our 'usual' premium economy seats and were upgraded at the gate to business class!