Booking the Magic Carpet Restaurant on the Edge. Any ideas?

Ken the cruiser

We're trying to figure out how to book a dining reservation on the Edge's Magic Carpet. We scanned the below link and clicked what we thought were appropriate links, but no help. Anyone have any experience in this area that would like to share how we can book a reservation? Any insights will be greatly appreciated. 😎

Magic Carpet Restaurant: Seafood Cruise Ship Dining (celebritycruises.com)

As a follow-on question, what specialty restaurants serve brunch and/or lunch on the Edge, both on sea days as well as port days, if any?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Through multiple first hand reports of resumed 2021 Edge sailings, the Magic Carpet has not yet resumed the once per sailing buffet style Dinner on Edge and also has not been visiting Deck 5 where it would normally be an extension of Raw on 5 which is the where the menu you post is from.  It's usually on Deck 14 and sometimes on Deck 16.  Many have reported folks bring Mast Grill food or buffet food over to it, the bar is active.

Reportedly before, for Dinner on Edge, you could only sign up in person once on the ship.  Therefore only the early birds including suite guests had any chance of receiving a reservation.   Also reportedly, it can be extremely windy making the whole experience unpleasant; a recent report from the Rooftop Garden stated it was incredible windy with debris flying around.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Through multiple first hand reports of resumed 2021 Edge sailings, it has not yet resumed dinner nor is it going to Deck 5 as an extension of Raw on 5 (no idea why).  It's usually on Deck 14 and sometimes on Deck 16.  Many have reported folks bring Mast Grill food or buffet food over to it, the bar is active.

Reportedly before, you could only sign up in person once on the ship.  Therefore only the early birds including suite guests had any chance of receiving a reservation.  MC dinner was buffet style (many said it was good but not great) so I'd imagine it may not come back until the ship reverts back to self-serve buffets.  Also reportedly, it can be extremely windy making the whole experience unpleasant; a recent report from the Rooftop Garden stated it was incredible windy with debris flying around.

Thanks!! That explains a lot. Since we're in a sky suite and our boarding time is between 12-12:30 on our Aug 7 cruise, I guess we'll ask when we get onboard if they have resumed the Magic Carpet Restaurant dinners. We've just got a ton of OBC from this 10% promotion going on and are trying to figure out ways to spend it. 😎

I’m so glad you asked this question because I wanted to know as well, but I was too lazy to read the live threads people had posted and I didn’t want to start a new thread when the answer was at my finger tips. 

That’s too bad no dinner tho. I was looking forward to it. 

Other than the BBQ place, are there any other outdoor dining venues?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

I’m so glad you asked this question because I wanted to know as well, but I was too lazy to read the live threads people had posted and I didn’t want to start a new thread when the answer was at my finger tips. 

Apparently it's open early afternoon-night every day, could eat dinner anywhere and ask to box the dessert to go and bring it with you.  Also there's the mast grill, buffet (full plate, just a snack or just a dessert) and pizza station.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

Yikes!  You might want to read my review that I finished today about the 7/3 sailing before you spend money at the Rooftop Grill on Edge!! That is the one specialty restaurant I would avoid at all cost (no pun intended). You can skip ahead to the “food” section of my review to read what happened to us. 

And as the other OP said, Magic Carpet is only being used as a bar now, but you can enjoy it all day long without buying anything if you so choose. Great breeze!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EMc&DrS said:

Yikes!  You might want to read my review that I finished today about the 7/3 sailing before you spend money at the Rooftop Grill on Edge!! That is the one specialty restaurant I would avoid at all cost (no pun intended). You can skip ahead to the “food” section of my review to read what happened to us. 

And as the other OP said, Magic Carpet is only being used as a bar now, but you can enjoy it all day long without buying anything if you so choose. Great breeze!

Nooooo don’t tell me that. I booked it for the night we leave Cozumel. I thought it would be a nice sail away 😬

5 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

Nooooo don’t tell me that. I booked it for the night we leave Cozumel. I thought it would be a nice sail away 😬

Noooi! Cancel it and apply the money to a dinner at Eden. You’ll get delicious food and a beautiful view of the sunset out the floor to ceiling windows with NO wind. As a matter of fact, the view is 100% better from Eden. The view at Sunset Grill is either the kitchen or the jogging track. 

24 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

May I suggest you keep your reservation and plan on having a great time! Everyone has different experiences when it comes to dining and you may just have a great one, especially if it's during a sailaway from Cozumel! We would have no issues booking a reservation up there, but my DW has stomach issues and most of the entrees did not excite her. 😎

I don't know if this holds for cruising since reopening, but when I was on the Edge there was a brunch held one of the days in the Bistro. You have to sign up for it on the ship and tickets go fast. The Bistro also serves lunch every day and we actually liked the lunch a little better than the brunch. Also, Raw on 5 was open for lunch on some days. (We were in an upper level suite thanks to MoveUp so we took full advantage of the free specialty dining and ate in every venue at least once.)

• Thanks 2