Cruise the Vineyards Wine Packages

10 minutes ago, FloridaMommyof3 said:

Anyone that has been able to get on a cruise this month, can you tell me if this is still offered?  I'm not planning on getting Cheers but this is a package I got in 2013 I really liked.  If it was offered, what was the price?

In 2013 it cost $80. It a lot more now.

Something we took advantage of was "half price bottles of wine" on our first cruise night at Steakhouse.  I purchased 5 bottles of wine that first night and they were delivered to the MDR for our party to have access to during our cruise.  Don't know if this happens all the time but I was glad it happened for me!

Edited by ninjacat123

5 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Something we took advantage of was "half price bottles of wine" on our first cruise night at Steakhouse.  I purchased 5 bottles of wine that first night and they were delivered to the MDR for our party to have access to during our cruise.  Don't know if this happens all the time but I was glad it happened for me!

I've never heard of this!  

8 minutes ago, FloridaMommyof3 said:

I've never heard of this!  

First night on a cruise, if you have dinner at Steakhouse you get either a bottle of house wine free or a bottle of wine on their list for half price.  I had dinner with my family, had a bottle of wine at half price and ordered more bottles of wine at half price for the rest of our cruise.  This was at least 4 years ago.  I hope it's still available!

40 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

First night on a cruise, if you have dinner at Steakhouse you get either a bottle of house wine free or a bottle of wine on their list for half price.  I had dinner with my family, had a bottle of wine at half price and ordered more bottles of wine at half price for the rest of our cruise.  This was at least 4 years ago.  I hope it's still available!

I seen to recall a written update on that and some have reported that they aren't allowing this anymore. I may book the steakhouse if I can confirm this will be an option and not just a single bottle as some have indicated in other posts. 

The wine by the bottle offers better choices and buying a couple bottles for the weeks dinners each night at half off would be sweet. 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I seen to recall a written update on that and some have reported that they aren't allowing this anymore. I may book the steakhouse if I can confirm this will be an option and not just a single bottle as some have indicated in other posts. 

The wine by the bottle offers better choices and buying a couple bottles for the weeks dinners each night at half off would be sweet. 

I had dinner at the steakhouse on the first night of one of my cruises - can't remember which one - and got the free bottle but I didn't recall an offer of 1/2 off additional bottles.  If I could do that it would be awesome.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FloridaMommyof3 said:

I had dinner at the steakhouse on the first night of one of my cruises - can't remember which one - and got the free bottle but I didn't recall an offer of 1/2 off additional bottles.  If I could do that it would be awesome.

Yeah, I'd probably pre-pay for two each night for dinner. It would be a significant savings for the 12 bottles. If they did this even outside of the steakhouse set-up I'm sure they would sell a ton more wine. Like a pre-purchase deal that must be bought/paid before the cruise. It would probably increase the wine sales 4-5 fold.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FloridaMommyof3 said:

I heard about it (thx CC) and asked when we were at dinner the first night at Steakhouse.  I don't think it's made known.

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

We did this on Legend on our last Hawaii cruise and purchased 4 bottles at half price on the first night.  Now, they wouldn't sell them without uncorking and pouring (just a smidge) but that was fine and it worked out quite nicely for us.  That as well as the "Cruising the Vineyard" package kept us going for dinner time enjoyment.

3 minutes ago, M4Travels said:

We did this on Legend on our last Hawaii cruise and purchased 4 bottles at half price on the first night.  Now, they wouldn't sell them without uncorking and pouring (just a smidge) but that was fine and it worked out quite nicely for us.  That as well as the "Cruising the Vineyard" package kept us going for dinner time enjoyment.

Maybe it depends on the wine steward.  Our wines were not opened up.  It will be interesting to see what happens,,,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FloridaMommyof3 said:

Do you recall the price?

I think it might have been around $135 for the cheap package, including gratuity. You can call Carnival and ask. It comes out the same price whether you pre-order or buy in the ship, but tax might be added depending on the port and when you purchase or use.

2 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Maybe it depends on the wine steward.  Our wines were not opened up.  It will be interesting to see what happens,,,

On our recent cruise you could order more bottles after you consumed the first, etc. But not to stock up on unopened bottles for the cruise. Nor, IMO should you be allowed to  YMMV. There really aren't wine stewards these days.