FTTF is back up?!

matymil

I was checking religiously several times a day since I booked my cruise and it was constantly showing sold out. Came up as available yesterday I bought yesterday for my 8/16 cruise on the Magic.. It charged my card and is showing on my itinerary under day 1 in Port Canaveral. If it’s a glitch it glitches in multiple spots.

Also booked on the Magic for 1/15/22 and checking that daily and that shows as not available instead of sold out which tells me they haven’t opened it up yet for FTTF..

15 minutes ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

FYI All.. just looked at my boarding passes since we check in last night for our 8/16 cruise and our boarding passes list the boarding zone as “FTTF” which means it is back up and running.. Yippee!!!!/

Damn. You lucky dog you! We had it for our 8/21 cruise, and carnival cancelled on us. I need to check!

I sure hope we can get it for our March cruise. Getting on early and having our room is nice but we are going to HMC, so want priority tendering without having to pay $360 for a cabana. I think we paid $199 when we went a couple years back, and that was a lot. 

12 hours ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

FYI All.. just looked at my boarding passes since we check in last night for our 8/16 cruise and our boarding passes list the boarding zone as “FTTF” which means it is back up and running.. Yippee!!!!

Sorry to be a spoil sport, but you likely will get it refunded.  Protocol for August and Sept has been set and it will be timed entry only for everyone.  Suites will have a "special" area and board first, but everyone else will have a slot they have to pick 14 days (if not Diamond or Platinum) or 16 days (if Diamond or Platinum) out from cruising.  Everyone will board based on their zones.

Wouldn't hold your breath.  I betcha it is a glitch for sure.  

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, wemjam said:

Sorry to be a spoil sport, but you likely will get it refunded.  Protocol for August and Sept has been set and it will be timed entry only for everyone.  Suites will have a "special" area and board first, but everyone else will have a slot they have to pick 14 days (if not Diamond or Platinum) or 16 days (if Diamond or Platinum) out from cruising.  Everyone will board based on their zones.

Wouldn't hold your breath.  I betcha it is a glitch for sure.  

Everyone that was glitched said once they got to checkout and it wouldn’t let them.. plus it’s lusted on my boarding pass as well.. 

sure there is always a chance but I’m thinking we are good. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

Everyone that was glitched said once they got to checkout and it wouldn’t let them.. plus it’s lusted on my boarding pass as well.. 

sure there is always a chance but I’m thinking we are good. 

I HOPE it works out for you, I really do.  But as I said, Carnival has already clearly indicated that Aug and Sept cruises will be timed entry only.  I think the "glitch" may be that it went live and you were able to buy it.

I would be glad to see it work out for you for sure... I just expect you will be disappointed.  They are not going to implement FTTF for boarding and still require everyone else like Diamond and Platinum guests to follow timed protocols - people would be rioting in the streets lol!  (and as Diamond I would be right there with them lol!)

NOW they may offer it, and you will pay for it.... and get all the benefits EXCEPT the early boarding whenever you arrive.  That is a possibility, but I am 99.9999999% certain you will have a timed entry like the rest of us.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1