FTTF is back up?!

matymil

We are sailing on the 9/27 Magic sailing and FTTF has been sold out since we booked it. We recently saw from several sources that Carnival was pausing FTTF for the near future but I literally just checked my sailing and its available again? Does anyone have any solid info as to what's going on with this? Also, we are cruising with a toddler, which means we out in for an exemption. I'd assume that FTTF would be a waste of money for us? 

45 minutes ago, matymil said:

So I double checked. Its back up for our cruise however when you click on it and go to your cart its not there. Im guessing its just a glitch in the matrix.

Our B2B in December shows FTTF sold out for both cruises.

I was able to purchase FTTF for my late-September cruise.  I purchased it back in late-April about 10 days after booking the cruise.  It shows up on my itinerary and in my booking as a purchase.

• Like 1

I suspect September FTTF will be canceled across the board. The way I see it, November is our first cruise. I have FTTF. If all goes well and it actually stays, great. If not, oh well. I do like the idea of getting on as early as possible, grab a bite before it is crowded, settle in the room and do e-muster while everyone else is jamming up, explore the ship while others are going to their rooms, etc. It is all part of the zig when others zag thing.

As for adding it to your cart and it not there when you go to your cart, that is usually from 1 person canceling it and 10 people trying to get it. 

15 hours ago, matymil said:

We are sailing on the 9/27 Magic sailing and FTTF has been sold out since we booked it. We recently saw from several sources that Carnival was pausing FTTF for the near future but I literally just checked my sailing and its available again? Does anyone have any solid info as to what's going on with this? Also, we are cruising with a toddler, which means we out in for an exemption. I'd assume that FTTF would be a waste of money for us? 

Sadly, i think it will be cancelled (the FTTF) for your cruise... I have one going out on the 19th and mine was just cancelled, I got an email saying they will be sending the cost back to how we booked it. I was disappointed, but it's understandable. Heck, I'm just gonna be happy to be sailing again!

14 hours ago, Meggiesailaway said:

Sadly, i think it will be cancelled (the FTTF) for your cruise... I have one going out on the 19th and mine was just cancelled, I got an email saying they will be sending the cost back to how we booked it. I was disappointed, but it's understandable. Heck, I'm just gonna be happy to be sailing again!

Same...i think it coming back up on the site was a glitch because when i put it in my cart, nothing shows up. Oh well..yeah just get me on the water and im good 🙂

On 7/23/2021 at 10:03 PM, Rudyard said:

Someone on my cruise in October posted that they were able to get FTTF two days ago. 

Yeah update; you can def still buy it right now for our cruise in Sept.

When FTTF is available, is it still located under excursions as in the past? I have purchased it on the last 3 cruises and love it! My next sailing is 4/24/2022 on the Horizon again. I hope things are improved when the date gets close, but I refuse to say sentences that begin with "Surely by then" anymore! 🤐

On 7/25/2021 at 7:54 AM, Heelyeah30 said:

When FTTF is available, is it still located under excursions as in the past? I have purchased it on the last 3 cruises and love it! My next sailing is 4/24/2022 on the Horizon again. I hope things are improved when the date gets close, but I refuse to say sentences that begin with "Surely by then" anymore! 🤐

Yes, under excursions is where I have always found it.  Except one time, it was listed under "Recommended for You"" with spa treatments and stateroom purchase options. If I recall correctly, it is usually listed on page 2 of the excursions.  I am crossing my fingers that my purchased FTTF stays with my late-Sept cruise.   Happy cruising everyone!

2 minutes ago, DPTexas said:

Yes, under excursions is where I have always found it.  Except one time, it was listed under "Recommended for You"" with spa treatments and stateroom purchase options. If I recall correctly, it is usually listed on page 2 of the excursions.  I am crossing my fingers that my purchased FTTF stays with my late-Sept cruise.   Happy cruising everyone!

Sorry to be a bummer, but I don't think anyone should hold out hope that any cruises in September or October will have FTTF.  They have announced the protocol for sailing for these 2 months and that includes doing the online check in 14 days prior to sailing (16 for diamond/plat) and picking a time slot - which excludes FTTF benefit.  I can't imagine they would have any reason to back track on this now.

1 minute ago, wemjam said:

Sorry to be a bummer, but I don't think anyone should hold out hope that any cruises in September or October will have FTTF.  They have announced the protocol for sailing for these 2 months and that includes doing the online check in 14 days prior to sailing (16 for diamond/plat) and picking a time slot - which excludes FTTF benefit.  I can't imagine they would have any reason to back track on this now.

Wemjam, I believe you are right.  After replying to  Heelyeah30 above, I thought I better check my bookings and schedule for my September cruise.  Sure enough, my FTTF is no longer showing up as purchased or part of port day.   It was there last week, but not anymore.  I haven't received any notification from the company, but suspect it is coming.   I'm okay with not having FTTF - just as long as we cruise!  Thanks for the "heads up"!    Happy cruising.

4 minutes ago, DPTexas said:

Wemjam, I believe you are right.  After replying to  Heelyeah30 above, I thought I better check my bookings and schedule for my September cruise.  Sure enough, my FTTF is no longer showing up as purchased or part of port day.   It was there last week, but not anymore.  I haven't received any notification from the company, but suspect it is coming.   I'm okay with not having FTTF - just as long as we cruise!  Thanks for the "heads up"!    Happy cruising.

Sorry, I know that benefit is nice!  We are Diamond and like to get on quick and go straight to our room - but just happy to be cruising at this point.  Don't care if I am the last one as long as they don't leave without me!

1 minute ago, wemjam said:

Sorry, I know that benefit is nice!  We are Diamond and like to get on quick and go straight to our room - but just happy to be cruising at this point.  Don't care if I am the last one as long as they don't leave without me!

Yes, ma'am!   I'm not Diamond and probably won't ever get to that level (I wish, but still working so my cruising time is limited).  Like many people, we do love to get to our room and then have lunch w/o lugging our small carry-ons around.  But, I'm with you on not caring when I get on the ship - at least I'm cruising.  Please, please let us cruise!    Take care.  

On 7/24/2021 at 5:37 AM, Cruisesfun65 said:

FTTF for September Panorama was canceled last night.

That’s for the info we’re on September 4 sailing.  I keep checking to see if it will be available.