How does a person from the USA go to Southampton to Catch a Cruise in October?

On 7/26/2021 at 9:30 AM, sellwingri said:

We’re on the September 12th cruise and are hoping we have no problems or required quarantine by then.  We are fully vaccinated.

I'm so jealous!  We signed up for this cruise.  When my husband called with a question about transportation from the airport, we were told that the September 12th cruise was open only to UK residents and cancelled our trip.  I wondered if we should wait until the UK makes their latest announcement and try again....

5 minutes ago, Lady President said:

I'm so jealous!  We signed up for this cruise.  When my husband called with a question about transportation from the airport, we were told that the September 12th cruise was open only to UK residents and cancelled our trip.  I wondered if we should wait until the UK makes their latest announcement and try again....

They literally have just announced it….

Covid: No quarantine for fully jabbed US and EU travellers to England https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57999362

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, hopefully when the US does eventually re-open they will be willing to accept vaccines that have been approved by the relevant health authorities, in the same way the UK has now said they will accept EMA- and FDA-approved vaccines.

I note that today's announcement also includes the resumption of international cruises so that's something to celebrate too.

• Like 2

Rec'd this update today from the gov.uk site :

Entering England during coronavirus

Red, amber and green list rules for entering England

Page summary:
Countries rated as red, amber or green for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the rules you must follow to enter England.

Change made:
From 2 August, people who have been fully vaccinated in many European countries or the USA will not need to quarantine on arrival in England or take a day 8 test.

Time updated:
2:44pm, 28 July 2021

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, irishgal432 said:

So it states no quarantine or Day 8 test but a Day 2 test is required.  We hopefully be boarding in Southhampton, and not familiar with the area, is there a location close to there we could book a test.

Boots the chemists 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...