Anthem Sep/Oct not for sale?

1 hour ago, xxHadleyxx said:

I jsut have to figure out how the UK wants us to test on day 2 from on the ship (ship is not listed a provider I can prebook)

It’s known as a Day 2 test but you don’t actually have to take it on Day 2. If you prefer you can take it as soon as you arrive in the UK (Day 0) or anytime up to the end of Day 2. That may help you?

37 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

It’s known as a Day 2 test but you don’t actually have to take it on Day 2. If you prefer you can take it as soon as you arrive in the UK (Day 0) or anytime up to the end of Day 2. That may help you?

Thanks!   The Scottish government page said that, but not England's.  If we can just test when we land in England that would be super helpful.  Thanks 👍

2 hours ago, toad455 said:

No word if the Anthem is coming over this October to Cape Liberty either. Her winter cruises seem like they'll be cancelled at this point.

Beginning in mid-December through mid-February, Anthem has a series of longer sailings of 9 - 12 nights from Bayonne to the Eastern and Southern Caribbean (with the exception of the 7-night Bahamas sailing over Christmas). With the present trend of stricter cruise ship requirements from those islands, along with the current limit on sailings longer than 7 nights (which may or may not be extended past the fall expiration of the CSO), I'm wondering if RCL won't just throw their hands up and switch those sailings over to the more predictable 7-night CocoCay / Nassau runs instead. 

1 hour ago, libertyelle said:

Beginning in mid-December through mid-February, Anthem has a series of longer sailings of 9 - 12 nights from Bayonne to the Eastern and Southern Caribbean (with the exception of the 7-night Bahamas sailing over Christmas). With the present trend of stricter cruise ship requirements from those islands, along with the current limit on sailings longer than 7 nights (which may or may not be extended past the fall expiration of the CSO), I'm wondering if RCL won't just throw their hands up and switch those sailings over to the more predictable 7-night CocoCay / Nassau runs instead. 

I might switch to the Enchantment out of Baltimore with her 8-day cruises. Back in the day, I did a few 8-day cruises out of Bayonne or New York in the winter and the majority of the cruise is in the cold. The only hope is that the Vision is doing it's 10 & 11-day cruises soon.

8 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Thank you.  Is it start of rainy season?  Trying to convince my husband.  We have never been to that area and I am excited to try but he is concerned about the weather.

We've had a very cool and rainy spring and summer in the UK this year. Apart from a handful of days it's struggled to get above 23c. Most days this last month its been between 16 and 20c

Who knows  it may be an Indian Summer to  make up for the bad spring and Summer 🤷‍♀️

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2021 at 4:53 PM, gumshoe958 said:

I want to thank you again...this is what I needed.  And we were able to cancel the not yet applied cancellation lol  so now we are still booked on Anthem as a Brit Isle cruise in September.

I am somewhat miffed with RCI that they base the possible refund if the new sailign costs less than what you booked at (which is currently just over $1000 dollars for us based on pricing NOW) on whatever the price is in 3-4 weeks...AFTER we have to decide.  I am hoping/trusting that they will be fair about it and we won't end up paying Norway pricing for the UK, and will get most of that $1000 back.

We're booked on the 5th September, only booked yesterday. Live only 1 1/2 hour from Southampton and always wanted to see Scotland so this is ideal.

I didn't think we'll need a day 2 test as we're not leaving the UK so no re-entering.

We'll need a PCN, but I read that it was complementary so assume RCI tell you where to go and pay?

Waiting to see if we will be able to go out freely, after all, that's the whole point of staying in the UK, or only allowed on RCI excursions, but then we can't be more than a group of 15 people in Scotland. If so, I hope prices will be reasonable.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ententecordiale said:

We're booked on the 5th September, only booked yesterday. Live only 1 1/2 hour from Southampton and always wanted to see Scotland so this is ideal.

I didn't think we'll need a day 2 test as we're not leaving the UK so no re-entering.

We'll need a PCN, but I read that it was complementary so assume RCI tell you where to go and pay?

Waiting to see if we will be able to go out freely, after all, that's the whole point of staying in the UK, or only allowed on RCI excursions, but then we can't be more than a group of 15 people in Scotland. If so, I hope prices will be reasonable.

We’re also booked on the 5th Sept cruise which was originally the fjords, then Spain & Portugal, now Scotland! I’m actually pleased we’re staying in the UK because as you say, it’s a good way to see Scotland and no need for a day 2 test at the end of the cruise. 

A PCR test is required approx 72 hours before sailing. Royal C will send an email about 2 weeks before sailing giving all the info.about it.  They pay for it if you arrange it with Eurofins (link in email) and the results are sent to RC as well as to you. 

As for excursions, none are on sale at the moment. Celebrity have just said vaccinated guests can go ashore on their own so everyone is hoping RC will also allow it soon. 

17 hours ago, ententecordiale said:

17 hours ago, Zabba5 said:

We’re also booked on the 5th Sept cruise which was originally the fjords, then Spain & Portugal, now Scotland! I’m actually pleased we’re staying in the UK because as you say, it’s a good way to see Scotland and no need for a day 2 test at the end of the cruise. 

A PCR test is required approx 72 hours before sailing. Royal C will send an email about 2 weeks before sailing giving all the info.about it.  They pay for it if you arrange it with Eurofins (link in email) and the results are sent to RC as well as to you. 

As for excursions, none are on sale at the moment. Celebrity have just said vaccinated guests can go ashore on their own so everyone is hoping RC will also allow it soon. 

Looking forward to meeting you both onboard.  

We're flying in from Germany so do beed a day two test at sone point...but wondering if the eurofin test would also work for that.  

Fingers crossed that we won't have to have excursions via rci

Hopefully with the ANTHEM apparently in the Twilight Zone during the end of October there might be enough time for it to perform a TEST cruise.

The Cape Liberty sailings starting November 7th are still listed as available.

• Like 1