Anthem Sep/Oct not for sale?

1 hour ago, gumshoe958 said:

Interesting to see whether the UK government’s u-turn over the “amber watchlist” and its positive implications for Brits travelling to Spain changes anything.

I wonder if Royal are waiting for details of the next traffic light review on Thursday - and in particular news on whether France will go back to amber - before firming up their plans for Anthem in Sep & Oct.

I wish they would make up their mind.

6 hours ago, kernow said:

So do I, we were just about to book for October. Hope they have something back on sale after Thursday.

We're already booked for this and TA.  Have plane tix and hotel reservation.  Scheduled a car from London to Southampton.   

The silence from RCCL is outrageous.  Even if waiting for a Boris decision they should be keeping their passengers informed that is what they are doing, instead of leaving everyone hanging and speculating.

• Like 1

Anthem Sept/Oct Cruises

Possible glimmer of hope for international cruises from Southampton this summer. RCI are now advertising a 7 Night Spain & Portugal cruise, departing 2nd October 2021, on their US website. However, every category of rooms is marked as sold out, besides outside view. This makes you wonder if the removal of Sept and Oct sailings is simply down to capacity control 🤔, especially with no cancellation announcement today. Could this mean that UK port bookings for Anthem throughout these months is part of a plan b, if changes in England’s traffic light system result in internationals being cancelled?

Just now, HighlandBoy said:

Just had a email to say that our upcoming cruise is cancelled but hoping it’s sent in error as it’s to Dear Guest and doesn’t say which of our 3 bookings is effected.

Which cruises are you booked on?

2 minutes ago, HighlandBoy said:

Anthem on 5th Sept, Radiance on 12th Nov and one next June so don’t think it will be that one.

So none are the October Anthem circuses.   Just have to wait to see if they are canceling our 2 October Anthem cruises. 

10 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

So none are the October Anthem circuses.   Just have to wait to see if they are canceling our 2 October Anthem cruises. 

Hopefully your Oct Anthem cruise will be OK.

As Biker said it’s the Radiance one that’s cancelled, just seen the details on another thread.

While not unexpected I still think it's pretty poor that people found out about this days before Royal let them know. 

Any mention of whether these will be open to fully vaccinated UK residents only? I'm assuming not since the UK doesn't require quarantine for US/EU now

11 minutes ago, hayleyp said:

While not unexpected I still think it's pretty poor that people found out about this days before Royal let them know. 

Any mention of whether these will be open to fully vaccinated UK residents only? I'm assuming not since the UK doesn't require quarantine for US/EU now

Unlike current sailings, Sept and Oct sailings on Anthem are open to international guests. The RCI press release states the following:

Starting in September, eligible international guests will also be able to set sail from Southampton, subject to the latest travel guidelines from the U.K. government and their country of residence.”

10 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Unlike current sailings, Sept and Oct sailings on Anthem are open to international guests. The RCI press release states the following:

Starting in September, eligible international guests will also be able to set sail from Southampton, subject to the latest travel guidelines from the U.K. government and their country of residence.”

I predict a lot of interest in these sailings from USA guests and maybe also from the continent.

Probably have no trouble selling them,  as a good portion of guests on the original ones will probably shift across.

Our 12th Sept 11 nighter now changed to 7 night British isles cruise!

Slightly disappointed, mostly about the shorter duration though. I assume that means a new 19th Sept itinerary though so perhaps a back2back if allowed?!?