Are the ABC Islands Open for Cruises?

Newbury newbie

A question from the UK. I’m getting more and more uncertain about my Solstice SE Asia cruise being a goer in Feb 2022 and looking for a plan B. Silhouette to the ABC Islands 14th Feb 2022 has got my interest but don’t quite know the Covid status out there. 

Is cruising to that area currently operating? Or is it a matter of being pretty confident it will all be open and back to near normal by Feb 2022? 

I’m looking for some assurance!

Hi, 

I cruised aboard the Celebrity Summit out of St. Maarten from July 10-17, 2021. This cruise spent a day in Curacao. The port was open to visitors and we were able to move about the port on our own. I did a shore excursion in the morning and walked around the town in the afternoon. Other than a few shops which had signs on their doors stating that masks were required, the port seemed unchanged from my visits to this port in past years. Of course, this is subject to change.

Chuck

• Thanks 1

I would like to think teh ABC Islands will be safe in the Winter. Like you I have a Solstice Far East Cruise in February. I am very worried about access to Vietnam and the Phillipines. For the sake of £300 I have locked in an ABC Cruise in March as a fall back. The price is good with the 10% CC offer and can always use the deposit for a future cruise if the Solstice goes ahead. I will book airpoints flight too as these are refundable.

Looking foward to sailing the Silhouette in September.

Edited by hawkesbaynz