You could just cancel!

14 hours ago, sandebeach said:

I received an email today about Florida sailings for August, and it does state that I can get a refund if not happy with the protocols. Did you get a similar email for Alaska August cruises?

Florida August 2021 Sailings' Protocol Update

We've added this extra precaution to give you added peace of mind. The below highlights protocols for guests sailing in August 2021 out of Florida homeports. If you do not wish to follow these protocols, we are happy to provide you with a refund or move your sailing into the future when circumstances may have evolved.

Note it does NOT say refund to original source of payment.  Royal's idea of a refund appears to be FCC, except for taxes and fees.  

42 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

My sailing is at the end of October...Final payment is due tomorrow...I have unvaccinated children under the age of 12 (which are on the reservation)....and I was told either way my options were a FCC....whether I pay off the balance or not.   If I pay off the balance and then the "protocols" are announced (which they have not yet for October) and do not fit with my situation...I can cancel for a FCC for amount paid minus taxes and port charges (which would be refunded)...SO...IMO Royal is getting the best of both situations and leaving me no choice as to what is best for my family....so ..again no customer loyalty...

Maybe you should contact your State Consumer Protection. 

In my case, if I can't sail because of the protocols I'm not planning on losing $10k and will take necessary actions. 

• Like 1

I was booked on the Ovation Aug 13 and was able to cancel on July 15 for full refund because I did not like the protocols (rebooked on a Celebrity cruise for the following week -- hopefully mostly mask-less!). Our TA confirmed that RCCL allows 30 days after they institute a new protocol for you to choose to cancel for full REFUND if you don't feel comfortable following the new rules.   

Just sharing my actual experience.  Good luck  -- fight hard to get what they are giving others!!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, chefchick said:

Ummm, no.  Pretty much exactly the same except for Alaska vs Florida and the paragraph above…..so much for my peace of mind.  Do we know why they would okay refunds for one embarkation port but not the other?  Is it because it’s Florida and all the legal stuff ?

at the very bottom of the Ovation in August email is the below.  Note 2nd paragraph says refund.

image.png.044051e285810b1e064845eefc3f9416.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chefchick said:

Thank you cruisegus…I will pass this along to my TA but so far the only answer we’ve received is “only FCC”.

If they say thy will work with you, ask them for FCCs with no expiry date,  I wonder what they will say.

Maybe, we could employ that Florida ambulance chaser that is always going against the cruise lines.😀

20 hours ago, chefchick said:

I can’t be the only one who is unhappy with the “new” protocols, am I?  When I booked my August Ovation cruise to Alaska many months ago I was under the impression it was a “fully” vaccinated cruise.  Then they started adding protocols for the unvaccinated….oookkkayy, then it was masks for all (ummmm, not great) now it’s everyone needs to get tested beforehand.  If Royal was doing the testing at the pier, on their dime, it might be one thing (oh, sorry, they are actually doing that for the unvaccinated).  It is becoming increasingly more frustrating and although I want to cruise terribly, I’m not sure I want to under these circumstances. I have stated this in other threads and received the obvious advice to “cancel and book with the other guys”…great, except I can’t just take my money and book elsewhere as they will only give out FCC…unless of course, you are unvaccinated…or you test positive for the virus 😱. In other words….when I booked many months ago it looked like they wanted everyone to be vaccinated and I am….now it feels like I am being penalized for it.

Sorry for the rant….but those of you who think there is an easy solution to this there isn’t necessarily.  I get it’s a gamble….I get it’s just a vacation, but this my first Royal Caribbean cruise and it’s leaving a bad taste in my mouth. 

35A03593-B599-4D16-A682-AEFF6E6D2310.jpeg

I would call back and ask to talk to the resolutions team, and not take no for an answer.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deliver42 said:

We are vaccinated and booked on the Sept. 10th sailing out of Seattle. I'm very upset with the new protocols. I'd cancel, but only get FCC for another Royal cruise, which I have absolutely no interest in ever taking again even though I'll be Diamond after this cruise. For me, Royal and Celebrity are off my cruise list.

I can understand how you feel. Your cruise might be cancelled. I give it a 50% chance. If the vaccinated are testing positive, what should they do? There is no way to keep the virus off the ship.i am on Sept 24 out of Seattle. If this cancel it will be my 4 th. . Don't want fcc. Will not plan anymore cruises. 

• Like 1