Refund for new test requirement

2 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

You can’t have both a full refund back to your CC and the Future cruise credit and OBC it’s always been one or the other

I'll try to make this simple.....Carnival had given us an FCC ($400) from a previous canceled cruise and also some OBC($600)...these items did not cost us anything and therefore, not refundable...but they did extend their value to be used on a future cruise....the rest of the funds (the cruise fare and taxes and port fees,  minus the $400 fcc gift) were refunded to my credit card...so yes, you can have both...

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2021 at 1:07 PM, ontheweb said:

And what are the odds that someone will get their trip cancelled for a FALSE  positive?

This is what worries me more than anything else. I can live with the masks, and even though it will be an inconvenience I'll get the test. I just don't want to go from "Will we cruise?" a couple of months ago, to "Yay! Cruising's back!", to "Sorry, no cruise for you" because of a bad test after waiting so long. From the time I booked my first cancelled cruise (10 days before we were supposed to sail) to when my upcoming one should sail will be 30 months. I don't even want to think what it'll be like to be denied three days before. I had a coworker who had a false positive a couple of months ago and he had to burn a few days of PTO while he waited to be retested.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rudyard said:

This is what worries me more than anything else. I can live with the masks, and even though it will be an inconvenience I'll get the test. I just don't want to go from "Will we cruise?" a couple of months ago, to "Yay! Cruising's back!", to "Sorry, no cruise for you" because of a bad test after waiting so long. From the time I booked my first cancelled cruise (10 days before we were supposed to sail) to when my upcoming one should sail will be 30 months. I don't even want to think what it'll be like to be denied three days before. I had a coworker who had a false positive a couple of months ago and he had to burn a few days of PTO while he waited to be retested.

I'm thinking that I will book appointments at CVS each day during that 3 day period and if the first one is positive, we will try the next one.  If it is positive both tests then we move our cruise to a later date but that might give us a chance with regard to a false positive.

• Like 2