Refund for new test requirement

On the thread about testing requirements, one person has posted that they were able to move their cruise with no penalties (but of course had to book under current codes). Another two cruisers have  posted that they were able to receive a refund.

• Like 2

Thanks, I have’nt had an opportunity to see his statement. I plan to call Carnival today as soon as I get an opportunity and find out what the penalty is. I just don’t think those of us that are vaccinated should have to be subject to a test that can give false positives from time to time. And what happens to someone that does test positive? Do they just loose out on all the money they’ve invested or do they get a future credit? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yellowjacket1799 said:

Thanks, I have’nt had an opportunity to see his statement. I plan to call Carnival today as soon as I get an opportunity and find out what the penalty is. I just don’t think those of us that are vaccinated should have to be subject to a test that can give false positives from time to time. And what happens to someone that does test positive? Do they just loose out on all the money they’ve invested or do they get a future credit? 

Insurance cover Covid cancels. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

i suspect it is a denied boarding and I think failing to follow the rules allows them to keep your money.

I would let my credit card company fight with them if they refuse a refund over last minute rule changes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yellowjacket1799 said:

As a fully vaccinated person, with 3 short cruises in November & 4 B2B in Jan - Feb, those are excellent questions!  Also, when on B2B, do you get tested before each cruise?!  With the possibly of being put off the ship and no flt scheduled to go home?!  Omg, this is getting complicated!!  All this is why I got vaccinated!!  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dandeck said:

As a fully vaccinated person, with 3 short cruises in November & 4 B2B in Jan - Feb, those are excellent questions!  Also, when on B2B, do you get tested before each cruise?!  With the possibly of being put off the ship and no flt scheduled to go home?!  Omg, this is getting complicated!!  All this is why I got vaccinated!!  

Yes, not having to wear masks and not having to do constant testing were among the incentives to get vaccinated. Of course the primary one was to not get Covid, but I can see where the anti-vax crowd would jump on this and say, see the vaccines don't really protect you.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, dandeck said:

But not enough other people did, so we have the Delta issue.  But we are here, so we have to deal with it.

• Like 2

Between Carnival and Royal Caribbean, I think this is being done to appease the non vaccinated. There has been nothing from the CDC to even suggest this. So much for following CDC guidelines.I' booked on Royal for Alaska in September, and hope this changes before then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ontheweb said:

Yes, not having to wear masks and not having to do constant testing were among the incentives to get vaccinated. Of course the primary one was to not get Covid, but I can see where the anti-vax crowd would jump on this and say, see the vaccines don't really protect you.

They are, but who cares.  They have made a self fulfilling prophecy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrMarc said:

But not enough other people did, so we have the Delta issue.  But we are here, so we have to deal with it.

My wife is already looking at changes...rescheduling for NEXT year.  This is going to be a real cash flow problem for Carnival.  Can't recapture lost revenues.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deliver42 said:

Between Carnival and Royal Caribbean, I think this is being done to appease the non vaccinated. There has been nothing from the CDC to even suggest this. So much for following CDC guidelines.I' booked on Royal for Alaska in September, and hope this changes before then.

Yes there has.  The CDC has recommended reinstating mask rules indoors.  The cruise lines themselves are taking the added precaution of pre-boarding testing to lessen the chance of starting off with COVID on the ship.  To me it is logical, and given the current trends expected.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dandeck said:

My wife is already looking at changes...rescheduling for NEXT year.  This is going to be a real cash flow problem for Carnival.  Can't recapture lost revenues.  

I sincerely doubt it.  I think they will sell more cruises.  These boards do not represent the general population.  I think a lot more people will go with these precautions in place.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ScottsSweetie said:

On the thread about testing requirements, one person has posted that they were able to move their cruise with no penalties (but of course had to book under current codes). Another two cruisers have  posted that they were able to receive a refund.

Yes, I was able to move everything from my August 21st cruise to a new cruise in April 2022.  I had to book under a current promotion.  My Free Cheers promotion was no longer available.  I was able to keep my $600 OBC and had no penalty for rebooking.  It turns out my new cruise was a little less expensive, so I had an additional $51.80 that I chose to have added to my OBC.  My $100 stock OBC credit wouldn't transfer, so I will need to send in a new request for it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Yes there has.  The CDC has recommended reinstating mask rules indoors.  The cruise lines themselves are taking the added precaution of pre-boarding testing to lessen the chance of starting off with COVID on the ship.  To me it is logical, and given the current trends expected.

It was my understanding that the new recommendations are for "high community transmission areas". I'm not sure if cruise ships fall under that category.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

It was my understanding that the new recommendations are for "high community transmission areas". I'm not sure if cruise ships fall under that category.

The point is they have people coming from all over, so they are treating the ship as if it is.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1