Trying to Rebook after cancellations

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Why only? or do you mean that is the only one reported so far?

Meaning the Rhapsody Tampa cruises aren't being replaced with another ship after that date. They're outright canceled.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Meaning the Rhapsody Tampa cruises aren't being replaced with another ship after that date. They're outright canceled.

How or where did you find out that information about that date only being up to February 19th?

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

What does a FCC look like, is it a document you receive, a number , just what does it look like. Anyone have one to scan?

I have never seen an actual certificate.  I have emails that reference certificate numbers.  

If you opt for fcc for your cancelled cruise just make sure to keep the booking number from that cancelled cruise as most reps look up certificate by asking for the booking number.

I have a separate list that I use for my couple fccs where I input the original booking number, cancelled details such as name of ship and sailing dates, date royal cancelled sailing, the certificate number, date issued and the amount.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Call

For the most part, if they are moving passengers to a different ship where the dates line up then that is the default opyion and getting a refund or FCC is secondary and you need to call to do that.

What does your letter say,  have you actually called Royal.  Take responsibility for your own cruise or get a TA and don't rely on this site for everything.  What someone posts about their cruise may not apply to yours even if its only a week apart.

I called the Crown And Anchor number, you are right it's a shi&  show there, the customer service  person who picked up didn't even work in the Crown and Anchor department.

Asked a few questions about some of my options and all she kept saying is have to check with another department.

I will let my agent deal with it on Monday when she is back in the office. I'm getting to the point, take my money and run.

They have $2700 of our money(Cruise fare $2358.00  ( ALL New  Money))  (Taxes and Fees $342.00).........if I take the FCC125% option.end up with an extra $600.............But the risk is if something happens and we have to cancel the September 2022 Europe Cruise on Allure, the FCC will expire anyway and that's $2400 out the window.

• Like 1

They had no problems talking to me.

I have talked to my agent late Wednesday just before she went home for the day. She is off until Monday, she is going to call them on Monday to verify just what my options are. 

I said no problem gives Royal more time to shake this out so they really know what they are doing there and gives me more time to think about what  we want to do.

Edited by Jimbo