Trying to Rebook after cancellations

Radiance 9 night cruise for Feb cancelled, and looking for a replacement, but the pickings are SLIM......

Had a spacious room-balcony, with a primo location, and great price.......swept away like a tablecloth under chinaware. No cabins even remotely comparable seem available.

Does anyone know if the 90 day full payment date passes just how long until RCL opens up any cabins not paid for?

Has anyone had any success in securing a nice cabin shortly after the 90 day threshold?

Eddie

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Does anyone know if the 90 day full payment date passes just how long until RCL opens up any cabins not paid for?

Pre COVID, RCI used to cancel for non-payment within days, now perhaps not so fast. The prices due to increased inventory inside final payment used to start dropping at about 75 days out, but now who knows.

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Pre COVID, RCI used to cancel for non-payment within days, now perhaps not so fast. The prices due to increased inventory inside final payment used to start dropping at about 75 days out, but now who knows.

A Friend had one canceled last week 2 days after Final Due

Cancelled my Vision in December and Radiance in January. So be it but they still require rebooked sailings to go before September . . . . you would think they woud extend it out at least 2 months. Everyone is trying to cram sailings in before September

I had clients canceled on Radiance.  Decided on Allure instead.  On hold now with Royal to try to get it done

It is insane, rep telling me I cannot move it!  What a cluster F.

Edited by karena1

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

I had clients canceled on Radiance.  Decided on Allure instead.  On hold now with Royal to try to get it done

Thanks for that advice.  We were flying into FLL anyway, so we may look at that one and will not even change flights.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, karena1 said:

Usually after a sailing is cancelled it can no longer be moved.  Lift and shift was the exception.  You need to create a new reservation and then take the  refund or FCC and apply it to the new reservation

5 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Radiance 9 night cruise for Feb cancelled, and looking for a replacement, but the pickings are SLIM......

Had a spacious room-balcony, with a primo location, and great price.......swept away like a tablecloth under chinaware. No cabins even remotely comparable seem available.

Has anyone had any success in securing a nice cabin shortly after the 90 day threshold?

Eddie

Well, at least you can count on HD and Dining Rm manager taking care of you.😉

Good luck

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Usually after a sailing is cancelled it can no longer be moved.  Lift and shift was the exception.  You need to create a new reservation and then take the  refund or FCC and apply it to the new reservation

Thanks for the professional advice

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, at least you can count on HD and Dining Rm manager taking care of you.😉

Good luck

I imagine everyone comes across ship staff that do a great job.  And since you commingled threads you realize I did book the replacement cruise.

My mother had a saying, it’s easy to complain, tougher to compliment.  In Covid, and I guess on these boards we all can testify to that.

Eddie

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I know, the second person I talked to was much more helpful.  L&S is a joke for this since the ship won't be back to that port so cannot do the L&S.  Got them rebooked on Allure and she moved the FCC immediately for me.  Sometimes you just have to call back until you get someone that knows what they are doing and are helpful.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bouhunter said:

We were booked on Radiance 9 nights in January.  Gladly taking a refund.

Same here. Jan 7th for us. Anyway, For the time being we will hold off re-booking another cruise. With that email, RCL eliminated thousands of available cabins. I'm not going to look for a trip just for the sake of taking one. Yesterday I canceled the hotels and flights. Maybe 2023 will be better, lets hope so? 

33 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What does a FCC look like, is it a document you receive, a number , just what does it look like. Anyone have one to scan?

Its just a number.  It's also linked to the reservation that it was issued from which the agents find easier to use and apply.  

Sometimes you will get an e mail to let you know about it and sometimes not

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Its just a number.  It's also linked to the reservation that it was issued from which the agents find easier to use and apply.  

Sometimes you will get an e mail to let you know about it and sometimes not

Where(How) do you  find out what the exact value is?

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you didn't receive an e mail then call post cruise gust relations and give them the reservation number that the FCC was issued from....or call your TA

Just checking out how everything works and what my options are..............Not doing anything yet until Monday until everything shakes out.

Now there is talk about people on cancelled Rhaspsody being placed on Serenade? is it true or just a rumor? who knows?

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Some were.  I believe it depends on the sailing and whether it lines up exactly.

my March 5th cruise lines up with a March 5th cruise on Serenade, but how will I know it will be switched or not before August 11th when we are suppose to have made up our mind before a FCC 125% is given to us

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

my March 5th cruise lines up with a March 5th cruise on Serenade, but how will I know it will be switched or not before August 11th when we are suppose to have made up our mind before a FCC 125% is given to us

Call

For the most part, if they are moving passengers to a different ship where the dates line up then that is the default opyion and getting a refund or FCC is secondary and you need to call to do that.

What does your letter say,  have you actually called Royal.  Take responsibility for your own cruise or get a TA and don't rely on this site for everything.  What someone posts about their cruise may not apply to yours even if its only a week apart.

Edited by Ourusualbeach