Iona Entertainment Bookings

lynn2002

17 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Sorry we jumped the queue but at least you got an email. We didn’t. 

No need to apologise, it's P&O that should be doing that and what's the point of an email if the info is wrong  ? Rather not receive anything.

Sailing on Iona on 28th August and still unable to book any entertainment.  In fact, there is no mention of the theatre at all under the Entertainment tab!  Just wondering if anyone else on this cruise has been more successful!  We had no such issues on an earlier Britannia UK Getaway cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astrajet said:

Sailing on Iona on 28th August and still unable to book any entertainment.  In fact, there is no mention of the theatre at all under the Entertainment tab!  Just wondering if anyone else on this cruise has been more successful!  We had no such issues on an earlier Britannia UK Getaway cruise!

I'm on this cruise and cannot book anything. I've seen some suggestions that P&O are changing it back to book on board but, having just received the email from P&O telling me to go ahead and book the entertainment, I have no idea what is correct.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, daveoc said:

I'm on this cruise and cannot book anything. I've seen some suggestions that P&O are changing it back to book on board but, having just received the email from P&O telling me to go ahead and book the entertainment, I have no idea what is correct.

We are in the same boat then, so to speak! Guess we will just have to keep checking in the hope that pre-booking might become available before we board. Thank you for your quick response. 

57 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

We are in the same boat then, so to speak! Guess we will just have to keep checking in the hope that pre-booking might become available before we board. Thank you for your quick response. 

We are booked for the 29th cruise and booked our entertainment yesterday morning. Not the comedian though, we saw him on our first seacation in July and walked out after 15 mins!!

Still waiting for Iona entertainment to be available to book for 28th Aug cruise.

P&O are really annoying me, emails sent stating it's available when it isn't. It would be nice if they sent another explaining what's going on. I would phone them but not wasting time and money.

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Still waiting for Iona entertainment to be available to book for 28th Aug cruise.

P&O are really annoying me, emails sent stating it's available when it isn't. It would be nice if they sent another explaining what's going on. I would phone them but not wasting time and money.

Still waiting here, too. Totally agree with your comments. Very frustrating especially as it appears you can still make these bookings if sailing on Britannia.

3 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

Still waiting here, too. Totally agree with your comments. Very frustrating especially as it appears you can still make these bookings if sailing on Britannia.

I'm trying to book entertainment on Britannia 29th August cruise, saying nothing available.

21 hours ago, sagaris said:

We are booked for the 29th cruise and booked our entertainment yesterday morning. Not the comedian though, we saw him on our first seacation in July and walked out after 15 mins!!

I was going by what had been stated in the above post by sagaris, whom I assume is on the Britannia as it sails on 29th August. My apologies if this assumption is incorrect.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:35 PM, bobstheboy said:

This is unbelievable - just had an email from P&O in which they say:

"Log into My P&O Cruises to take a look at the entertainment on offer and make sure you book before you sail for the shows you don’t want to miss. Whether you’re hankering for a night at the theatre, missing sinking into a plush armchair in front of the latest blockbuster, losing yourself in a night of live music – or all three – you’ll find it all on your P&O Cruises holiday."

Firstly, there is no mention of the Entertainment section in My P&O Cruises of the theatre  at all! Secondly, the entertainments that are mention ie Signature Performances, Live Music and Guest Presenters all have a "Book Now" button but when you press these the all come up with the same wording -

"These events are not bookable. Simply turn up to enjoy or ask our friendly staff for more details. We look forward to seeing you there"

What is going on!! Please sort this out P&O - how come such bookings can be made if sailing on Britannia on 29th Aug but not on Iona sailing the day before?  Has anyone had more luck than me?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sandancer said:

You couldn’t make this up. 

Tell me about it! It is very frustrating. I had no such problems when we sailing on Britannia mid July! 

It's reassuring to know that you have some entertainment booked before you sail - at this rate we won't have anything booked.

Edited by Astrajet

8 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

This is unbelievable - just had an email from P&O in which they say:

"Log into My P&O Cruises to take a look at the entertainment on offer and make sure you book before you sail for the shows you don’t want to miss. Whether you’re hankering for a night at the theatre, missing sinking into a plush armchair in front of the latest blockbuster, losing yourself in a night of live music – or all three – you’ll find it all on your P&O Cruises holiday."

Firstly, there is no mention of the Entertainment section in My P&O Cruises of the theatre  at all! Secondly, the entertainments that are mention ie Signature Performances, Live Music and Guest Presenters all have a "Book Now" button but when you press these the all come up with the same wording -

"These events are not bookable. Simply turn up to enjoy or ask our friendly staff for more details. We look forward to seeing you there"

What is going on!! Please sort this out P&O - how come such bookings can be made if sailing on Britannia on 29th Aug but not on Iona sailing the day before?  Has anyone had more luck than me?

Having exactly the same issue.

Tried calling P&O earlier in the week and the message specifically said they can't help with questions about any pre-cruise bookings at this time.

Sent an email to ask about it  - still no reply

Tried calling today  -  only to hear the message stating they are too busy and call back another time. At which point the call is automatically ended.

I'd normally be getting rather excited about a cruise with only 9 days to go    ...but definitely not feeling it at the moment

4 minutes ago, sandancer said:

I am wishing we had used a TA instead of direct with P&O. Been trying to speak to someone or get a reply to my email regarding using a wheelchair in the terminal for about 3 weeks. I’m sure a TA would have more luck.

Sorry to hear that.  I wonder if you might be able to contact the terminal direct regarding availability of wheelchairs. You should be able to get their phone numbers through an internet search.

I think I will drop my TA an email regarding this entertainment booking fiasco - he is always very helpful.

5 hours ago, sandancer said:

You couldn’t make this up. 

Perhaps they are trying to add to the excitement by keeping you in suspense. They are doing that to us. Sailing in 16 days and still excited by wondering what cabin we we be in.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:35 PM, bobstheboy said:

I have just been in to mypocruises and, hey presto, I have at long last been able to book some entertainment for this cruise.  Bookings, however, are for only two Headliners shows and a comedian, Jon Clegg.  Just go to the Entertainment section and select Signature Performances.

11 hours ago, Astrajet said:

I have just been in to mypocruises and, hey presto, I have at long last been able to book some entertainment for this cruise.  Bookings, however, are for only two Headliners shows and a comedian, Jon Clegg.  Just go to the Entertainment section and select Signature Performances.

Yes, at last !    Their customer service is a shambles.

On 8/19/2021 at 5:50 PM, zap99 said:

Perhaps they are trying to add to the excitement by keeping you in suspense. They are doing that to us. Sailing in 16 days and still excited by wondering what cabin we we be in.

We got ours 5 days before sailing - going today, got it Monday but only after my TA chased them