Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

58 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Sounds like a glitch to me on the App.

You should have been able to book a long time ago.

Try on the website version of the App.

Go to your cruise personalizer,  click on the cruise you have, move down

you’ll see a small blue hyperlink “Try our website version of the App”.

I would use my name and booking number to log in.  Do not link anything or reregister.  

You should see Dine My Way (DMW)

Try that.  If you still can’t…call Princess and have them do it for you.

Thanks so much for the information.  My MDR reservations "disappeared" from the app, but when I went into the Web version, the reservations were there. I also could book specialty dining.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, shirleywbob said:

Thanks so much for the information.  My MDR reservations "disappeared" from the app, but when I went into the Web version, the reservations were there. I also could book specialty dining.

You’re welcome.  Just deal with the website version of the App now, you’re so close to departure.  It might show up again in the Princess App, but don’t worry about it.

38 minutes ago, shirleywbob said:

I know I’ve seen this before, but now I can’t find it. How do you log into the Web version? Thank you.

4 hours ago, shirleywbob said:

Does anyone know when we will be able to make specialty dining reservations prior to the cruise? The app says to check back closer to the cruise. We are 8 days from the cruise. I would expect it to have opened by now.

Use a computer.

42 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I know I’ve seen this before, but now I can’t find it. How do you log into the Web version? Thank you.

Website cruise personalizer 

Checkin

just below the symbol for google

“Try our website version”

click on that, sign in using your name, booking number, then you’ll see DMW

Do not link anything 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I apologize if these answers are buried in this conversation!

I am on Discovery in August and have 7pm every nite in Ketchikan dining room which, I read, is traditional dining room?

Not able to book specialty yet but can anyone confirm the prices for Crown Grill, Sabbatini's, Bistro Sur Mer and Lumiere?

Is Lumiere good?  A few years ago we did a 'wine dinner' on Royal and it featured Gallo wines, which is not what I would expect for an specialty dinner!!!

Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, J18ktleo said:

I apologize if these answers are buried in this conversation!

I am on Discovery in August and have 7pm every nite in Ketchikan dining room which, I read, is traditional dining room?

Not able to book specialty yet but can anyone confirm the prices for Crown Grill, Sabbatini's, Bistro Sur Mer and Lumiere?

Is Lumiere good?  A few years ago we did a 'wine dinner' on Royal and it featured Gallo wines, which is not what I would expect for an specialty dinner!!!

Thanks for the info!

There is no such thing as traditional dining anymore if you mean a set table at a set time with strangers   All MDR’s have the same menu

4 hours ago, memoak said:

There is no such thing as traditional dining anymore if you mean a set table at a set time with strangers   All MDR’s have the same menu

What I meant was early/late seating dining.  I should have My Time Dining and I thought Ketchikan was not the My Time Dining room on Discovery...

Anyone have info on this it's appreciated!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J18ktleo said:

What I meant was early/late seating dining.  I should have My Time Dining and I thought Ketchikan was not the My Time Dining room on Discovery...

There is no such thing any longer as a DR set aside for early/date dining or AT dining.  You can get the TD experience of same time/table/waiters, but you need to request it from DR mgmt on board and they should be able to help.  DMW App is of no help in delivering the TD experience. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

There is no such thing any longer as a DR set aside for early/date dining or AT dining.  You can get the TD experience of same time/table/waiters, but you need to request it from DR mgmt on board and they should be able to help.  DMW App is of no help in delivering the TD experience. 

Thank you!

If we enjoy our table and wait staff we always request to continue with them!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J18ktleo said:

All MDR’s are My Time Dining

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 12:52 PM, memoak said:

They are only strangers the fist night. We booked early dinning. One of the dinning rooms is set aside for set dinning.

1 hour ago, Buckybee said:

They are only strangers the fist night. We booked early dinning. One of the dinning rooms is set aside for set dinning.

Maybe you chose an early dining time and you were lucky enough that it stayed on your app without disappearing or being removed by an employee. Unfortunately, they do not offer early or late dining any longer.  If you found somewhere to book early dining, please share and let us know how you did it.  Welcome to Cruise Critic.  

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

1 hour ago, Buckybee said:

I have been on 4 Princess cruises on 2022 on 3 different ships and none had set “traditional” dining

On 1/25/2023 at 8:10 PM, Walace said:

I have just booked a cruise with Princess Premier and have only paid the deposit so far. I am Platinum status in the Captain’s Circle so can book dining reservations already, however when I go on the app to book and try to use a ‘credit’ it only gives a paid for option for speciality dining. I’m unsure if the ‘credit’ only becomes available when I pay the full balance. At what stage were you able to booked the speciality dining - before or after you paid the balance in full?

Also, does anyone know what happens if I do get charged for the speciality dining when it should be included in the Premier package? I’m happy to be credited with OBC as I’d likely use it across a two week cruise - I’d rather do this than risk not being able to get into our chosen speciality restaurants.

So I found out the issue. Both myself and my wife should be Platinum in the Captain’s Circle but for some reason only my cruise history was correct. We contacted Princess and after some checking they have moved my wife to Platinum. As soon as that happened the dining credit showed in the app for speciality dining. I guess if they hadn’t done this I would have had to wait until I’d paid the full balance.

• Like 1

Apologize if this is a stupid question, and if it's been asked already (I've read a few dozen pages of the thread but not all of them). This is my first time back on Princess since the introduction of the app and the dining changes.

Do you have to book a table on the app? Or can you still just go to the dining room and be put on the waiting list?

One of the members of our group of 6 has booked whatever seatings were available each night, including some that are quite late. He has said that if we can't move it to an earlier booking, we will just eat in the buffet on those nights. Are booked-ahead reservations really required now? I thought Dine My Way was more like Anytime Dining for All.

26 minutes ago, kaisatsu said:

Apologize if this is a stupid question, and if it's been asked already (I've read a few dozen pages of the thread but not all of them). This is my first time back on Princess since the introduction of the app and the dining changes.

Do you have to book a table on the app? Or can you still just go to the dining room and be put on the waiting list?

One of the members of our group of 6 has booked whatever seatings were available each night, including some that are quite late. He has said that if we can't move it to an earlier booking, we will just eat in the buffet on those nights. Are booked-ahead reservations really required now? I thought Dine My Way was more like Anytime Dining for All.

No one HAS to make reservations for the MDR   You can just show up when you want to eat but if it is during popular times you may have to wait. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kaisatsu said:

What I would do, if I had a party of 6, is speak to the DR Mgr/Maitre’d the first night and ask if they could confirm a table for 6 for your cruise.  They may have a time or MDR that will work for you.

I wouldn’t want to have to eat different times every night, different DR’s and worry about going to the buffet.

JMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

No one HAS to make reservations for the MDR   You can just show up when you want to eat but if it is during popular times you may have to wait. 

that's what my husband and I did and we never had to wait when we sailed on the Discovery last September. There were so many venues to eat at.

Hello, we are cruising on Princess Discovery to Alaska in September. We've cruised before, but this will be our first time on Princess (and to Alaska) so I am not familiar with how they work. I purchased the premier package, which includes 2 specialty dining reservations. Our cruise is all paid for and on their website it says we can start reserving once we are paid in full. (I've got the app on my phone - not sure how I feel about it yet. It seems kind of messy.)

I found where I'm supposed to book the reservations, but when I do, it wants my credit card info. Is that normal? Or, am I trying to book too early? The rep on the phone told me I could book once on the ship by going to to guest services once we board. That seems like a hassle and kind of defeats the purpose of having the app, doesn't it? She didn't know why I couldn't book using my credit. When do most people book their dining? Do places book up fast?

I hope I'm in the right place and that someone can help. I have tried calling them and doing their chat, but to be honest, they have been just as confused as me and it's been a little frustrating. I hope that's not a bad sign! Thank you!