Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

8 hours ago, konatyme said:

I added them to our dining reservations within a day or two with the intention that we would have a table for 4

This may be your problem.  I would not use the App this way (setup your res and then add someone else later which is the way it reads).  You need to start fresh and add friends as dining companions (after setting them up as Travel Companions).  Then make a res with all four of you selected and you need to select the Private option and not the Sharing option to get what you want.  If nothing suitable is available by now, then ask on board.

Also, add yourselves as Travel Companions in your friends' file.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, konatyme said:

I'm afraid to go in and try to edit our reservation because I'm afraid we might lose it altogether and have to start over.

You can attempt a new res and lose nothing at all if you do not confirm the offered replacement.

10 hours ago, laynp said:

On the Princess Regal where is the Club Class dining area?

It was on Deck 5 mid-ship DR last Fall and IDK if they would have relocated it.  It used to be pretty much universally on Deck 6 mid-ship.

Since you are new to Princess, I suggest you study the deck plans on Princess.com.  You will find two DR's on Deck 6 - one aft and one mid-ship - and they share a kitchen.  Third DR is Deck 5 mid-ship, right below the one on Deck 6.  The CC Dining section is always in the DR that is open for breakfasts and lunches (sea days only) so that eligible guests always have access to CC section.  It will be clear on board, so don't worry about it.

As a CC Diner you do NOT make any reservations using DMW App - you just show up and are seated.  You would only use DMW App to make Specialty Dining (SD) reservations.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

This may be your problem.  I would not use the App this way (setup your res and then add someone else later which is the way it reads).  You need to start fresh and add friends as dining companions (after setting them up as Travel Companions).  Then make a res with all four of you selected and you need to select the Private option and not the Sharing option to get what you want.  If nothing suitable is available by now, then ask on board.

Also, add yourselves as Travel Companions in your friends' file.

This is most definitely the way to go. Adding people on "after the fact" is certain to move one to a "regular" shared table.

5 hours ago, konatyme said:

@Steelers36 So if I'm understanding you correctly, I can look at our dining reservations, choose "Edit", look to see what's available, but not lose my current reservation unless I actually choose one of the new choices?

Correct.

• Like 1

I'm confused. When we sailed with Princess in 2019 we selected a table for 8 and we sat with the same people every night. Now it appears we can only select to dine alone or dine with others. If we select "dine with others" will we be seated with the same people every night or just randomly seated each night? We enjoy meeting new people when we cruise but we don't want to meet different people every night. 

1 hour ago, JimC said:

I'm confused. When we sailed with Princess in 2019 we selected a table for 8 and we sat with the same people every night. Now it appears we can only select to dine alone or dine with others. If we select "dine with others" will we be seated with the same people every night or just randomly seated each night? We enjoy meeting new people when we cruise but we don't want to meet different people every night. 

It will most likely be random as DMW doesn't keep unrelated parties together.  That said, you can see if you'd like to stick together with your tablemates on night 1 and then ask around the table if they do and then ask DR Mgr or Head Waiter for your section of DR.  There is a chance you will have at least one couple at the table who will be random eaters and not looking for the same time/place each night.  But worth asking.

On 2/27/2023 at 9:37 AM, muggo11 said:

Thank goodness for this thread. . . Though we are Elite with Princess, Sky Princess to Norway in June is our first post-Covid Princess cruise.  I logged into Medallion and got a couple of specialty dining reservations with ease.  BUT, there are no shared table options in MDR past 6:20 pm.  We like late dining AND we like to eat with others (and like many others sad about the passing of fixed, late dining, shared tables).  Should we just take our chances and show up for dinner at 8 and hope for a shared table in one of the 3 MDRs?  For those of you who have cruised on Princess recently, how does this play out?  Or does it vary by ship?

thanks!  

I've been reading through all these posts also trying to find out if shared tables are available after 6:20. I prefer to eat later but also like to meet new people and eat with others. This is my first time posting on a forum, in a very long time, so hoping by replying to this post I'll see the replies.

Just now, gogetter0719 said:

I've been reading through all these posts also trying to find out if shared tables are available after 6:20. I prefer to eat later but also like to meet new people and eat with others. This is my first time posting on a forum, in a very long time, so hoping by replying to this post I'll see the replies.

4 hours ago, gogetter0719 said:

There are sharing tables and private tables for the entire dinner service.

After reading this thread, I revised my previous 6:20 p.m. “shared table”dining times to select a “private” 7 p.m. table with our two travel companions (the “shared” table option didn’t offer as many choices.)

So this was very helpful … and today, I received 14 separate emails from Princess — one for every night of the cruise — confirming the new times. 😀

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LidoLiz said:

and today, I received 14 separate emails from Princess — one for every night of the cruise — confirming the new times.

This is the first time I've ever heard of emails being sent confirming dining times.  I've booked dining and changed dining, but no emails.  I wonder if this is something new...or maybe I failed to get emails that I was supposed to?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, julie3fan said:

This is the first time I've ever heard of emails being sent confirming dining times.  I've booked dining and changed dining, but no emails.  I wonder if this is something new...or maybe I failed to get emails that I was supposed to?

We (group of 6) are on a 28 day Round Australia cruise beginning on Sunday.  I had booked a private table for 6 pm.  Beginning yesterday I began receiving an email for each day’s booking:

image.thumb.jpeg.b728f874c5093fcc861f909e9cb30715.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.783212e31e8feea5e5fd195cfed0c89d.jpeg

Not a big change but we will have to start happy hour earlier!

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, julie3fan said:

So it looks like if a reservation is changed by either the guest or by Princess that an email goes out, one per reservation.  Seems like they could consolidate all that info into one email.  

Now just hold on there and don't get fancy - this is the Princess IT Team you are expecting to this, right?? 🤪 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, capriccio said:

You can always ask on board about a change and you can show up 10 minutes late if the old time was important.  They should be fine with that - except perhaps on first night and first formal night they may want you to stick to the time.  No doubt these notices are coming from a central location and team and I'd be surprised if from each ship. 

It would be interesting to know what they are doing differently in reviewing and adjusting and confirming dining times.

Just looking at the Princess website, it says "With Dine My Way:

• Customize your dining time for each day, once you've made the final payment for your booking.
  • Select from the main dining room, specialty dining venues or both. If you've already booked and paid for specialty dining, you'll manage those reservations there too."
  • I have not made the final payment but went to the Princess app and made our dining reservations. Can I or can't I make dining reservations now for a cruise in October? If not, why did it let me?
  •  

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Now just hold on there and don't get fancy - this is the Princess IT Team you are expecting to this, right?? 🤪 

Fancy is my middle name!  Actually, I forgot to include a string of laughing emojis after my post! 🤣😊😁😉

• Like 1

We are about to sail on our first princess cruise and I’m confused about dining. We have a group of 9. I tried to book main dining & the only time available for all of us was 8:20, which is way late for us. I called princess, and they booked 8:20 and said we can actually show up anytime- it doesn’t have to be at 8:20- since we have main dining reservations. Is this truly how it works? Seems strange…

14 hours ago, capriccio said:

image.png.4cff7bd7005f1ee6b655525752db207c.png

I would strongly suggest that, in the future, you not post information that includes your booking number.

Edited by Thrak