Will the Jade make it to Africa?

Lvntrvl

38 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

And, get this, if you booked using a FCC you already got the 10% off base fare and there is no double dipping. So everyone who booked using FCC is totally out of luck.

The 10% and FCC are unrelated. You will get all of your FCC back, plus a 10% coupon to apply to the base fare of a new cruise. If I recall correctly, if you have bonus fcc, that amount is deducted from the base before the 10% is applied. So if you had a 10% coupon, you are back to square one.  If you didn't have one (or have already used it on a past cruise), you will get one.  If you have one pending on a future cruise, you won't get another, assuming they stick to their one-certificate-per-person policy.

20 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I don’t believe this is accurate (but it could just be a communication error.).  

I was under the understanding that Guests received a 10% coupon as an incentive for accepting FCC (and not cash). 

I believe you get the 10% regardless of how you paid, for the inconvenience.  They originally gave bonus fcc if you took fcc instead of cash.

I've lost count of how many cruises of mine were cancelled.  I got bonus FCC for one, a full refund for another with a 10% coupon.  When yet another cruise (booked prior to all the cancellations) I got nothing because I already had a 10% coupon in my account.

When I initially made this inquiry in August, I could not have imagined the response to this thread and all that has transpired with Covid.  We reluctantly cancelled prior to final payment, but love this itinerary and hope to complete it someday. Unfortunately, prices for future dates have increased far beyond the 10% FCC that we were offered from a previously cancelled cruise.

I imagine others are facing similar situations.

I can only hope that either (1) NCL offers better pricing for this itinerary in the future, (2) deploys either a larger or an additional ship to this area... as their appears to be significant demand, or (3) another cruise line deploys ships to this area recognizing the interest.

@Lvntrvl

Unfortunately, prices for future dates have increased far beyond the 10% FCC that we were offered from a previously cancelled cruise.

You are NOT wrong!!!

We have been booked on the Nov/Dec 2022 Athens-Dubai-Cape Town cruises since soon after we got home from the ill-fated Spirit cruise in 2020.   I don't know what we paid as we used lots of bits and pieces from cancelled cruises. 

I started to follow the prices of Insides for the two cruises from early in September when the recent Delta Covid was taking effect.

Athens-Dubai NZD 4601 to NZD 8958

Dubai-Cape Town NZD 4763 to NZD 9585

I expect to see another rise now the cancellation has happened.

31 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@julig22

When yet another cruise (booked prior to all the cancellations) I got nothing because I already had a 10% coupon in my account.

The underlined portion is what I used when I got two at the same time and I had discussions with my PCC; a long story!!

I did manage to wrangle a 2nd one as a "courtesy".  My first one was already applied to a future cruise, so not in my account in my opinion.  I understand not giving them out for every cancelled cruise (people were booking cruises just to get the discounts and/or bonus fcc) but I do think they should have given one for any cruise booked before all the cancellations started.