Quest SouthAmerica/Antarctica Nov/Dec cancelled?

alithecat

7 hours ago, Fletcher said:

It's worth thinking about, at least.

Those of us booked on Antarctica cruises this winter, after being canceled last year, think about these issues pretty much daily. 😉

First, we have to hope that we will be able to travel to ports of embarkation/disembarkation. Then, there's the concern about whether any of the planned activities will be affected. I hope that the cruise lines will be very upfront about any limitations they face so we can decide whether to go ahead or not. For us, going to Antarctica + South Georgia Island is a very expensive trip which we regard as likely being a once-in-a-lifetime experience. As much as we would hate to cancel/rebook for another year,  if we found that the cruise experience would be materially diminished, we would have to consider it. 

• Like 1

We are scheduled on the Quest in Mar 22 BA to Manaus to Miami to Barcelona. Third time booking this route.  After reading this thread I appreciate the data and effort of the poster and as our trip is dependent on Argentina as well gonna follow this thread.  

I was wondering if Seabourn et al could use Montevideo but Uruguay looks like it is having trouble with Covid gamma strain as well

I do hope you all get to sail to Antartica as it was the best cruise we have ever been on with Seabourn Quest.

• 1 month later...

On the other hand, they are now offering a cruise on the Quest for the same per diem rate-Quite a discount.

Updated Cancellation Options

"We are contacting you to follow up on our previous advisement regarding your cancelled Seabourn Quest sailing. We have reviewed feedback from our guests and travel partners regarding their interest in having alternate voyages to choose from, and we are happy to reach out with some exciting options.

You may now choose from a number of Antarctica voyages on board Seabourn Venture at the rate paid for your Seabourn Quest reservation. To review these new options, please click here.

If you would like to select one of these sailings we ask that you do so no later than November 1, 2021; please use your original booking number when making your selection on the web form, even if you have already booked an alternate voyage per our prior correspondence. You will be placed in the suite category that most closely matches the rate paid for your Seabourn Quest reservation.

Please note, the 10% discount offered previously will remain available, but cannot be utilized on any reservation that is transferred from Seabourn Quest to one of the Seabourn Venture voyages noted on the webform.

Again, we extend our most sincere apologies for this cancellation and look forward to the next time we can welcome you aboard.

Kind regards,

Josh Leibowitz
President, Seabourn"

8 minutes ago, scottjeanne said:

On the other hand, they are now offering a cruise on the Quest for the same per diem rate-Quite a discount.

Updated Cancellation Options

"We are contacting you to follow up on our previous advisement regarding your cancelled Seabourn Quest sailing. We have reviewed feedback from our guests and travel partners regarding their interest in having alternate voyages to choose from, and we are happy to reach out with some exciting options.

You may now choose from a number of Antarctica voyages on board Seabourn Venture at the rate paid for your Seabourn Quest reservation. To review these new options, please click here.

If you would like to select one of these sailings we ask that you do so no later than November 1, 2021; please use your original booking number when making your selection on the web form, even if you have already booked an alternate voyage per our prior correspondence. You will be placed in the suite category that most closely matches the rate paid for your Seabourn Quest reservation.

Please note, the 10% discount offered previously will remain available, but cannot be utilized on any reservation that is transferred from Seabourn Quest to one of the Seabourn Venture voyages noted on the webform.

Again, we extend our most sincere apologies for this cancellation and look forward to the next time we can welcome you aboard.

Kind regards,

Josh Leibowitz
President, Seabourn"

I believe you mean on the Venture on one of the 10 or 11 day cruises out of Ushuaia.

Ken, you are absolutely correct.  It is not haw the letter was written, but when I called them I found out there were only 6 11 or 13 day cruises offered.  We had a 24 day cruise booked.  We would lose half our cruise-per diem then is doubled.  Not as nice an offer as I thought.

9 minutes ago, scottjeanne said:

Ken, you are absolutely correct.  It is not haw the letter was written, but when I called them I found out there were only 6 11 or 13 day cruises offered.  We had a 24 day cruise booked.  We would lose half our cruise-per diem then is doubled.  Not as nice an offer as I thought.

I hear you. Dealing with flying in and out Ushuaia from BA for just an 11 day cruise just didn’t seem worth it. We actually wound up using part of the refund + the 10% discount offered to book a 20 day July 2023 Med/Africa cruise on the Sojourn which we also got an additional 10% off for paying in full. 😎