Compensation For Recent Princess Cancelled Cruises

hpeabody

I am expecting Princess to cancel a future cruise I have booked.  For recent Princess cancellations, what has been the compensation you received? (If anything)  I know this has been ever changing.  Trying to decide if I should just cancel and move on or wait if there is any benefit.

7 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

I am expecting Princess to cancel a future cruise I have booked.  For recent Princess cancellations, what has been the compensation you received? (If anything)  I know this has been ever changing.  Trying to decide if I should just cancel and move on or wait if there is any benefit.

The details for all cancelled cruises since the beginning of the pandemic can be found here:

https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/

Here are the details from the latest batch of cancellations:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/cancelled-cruises-caribbean-spring-2022.pdf

You might ask yourself if you want to continue sailing with Princess. In the down period, there was much discussion here on Medallion app problems, loss of perks etc... If you want to explore a different line, then your answer is simple.

I feel compensation was generous. We had 3 cancelled cruises, so I can't give you a number for one. Our '22 cruise will be substantially on Princess FCC. With compensation, Princess asks for a chance to shine at a future date.  If you want to stay with Princess, then take compensation in hope they work through the issues.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 2

Recently there have been several options to choose from when Princess cancels a cruise:

1) Rebook at the same price and with the same amenities on an equivalent cruise

2) Get your fare back as an FCC with a 10% bonus FCC based on cash paid for your cruise with no bonus FCC if cruise was booked with FCCs from previous cancelled cruises.

3) Cash refund of cash paid to original form of payment with no bonus amount.

Our Enchanted Princess cruise was cancelled three times. This has ultimately lead to us getting $600 in OBC for our Regal cruise next summer.

The best thing though was the price. We have paid almost £2,000 less compared with the price asked at the time of the transfer.

Happy days!

• Like 1