Question about postponing cruise

sapphire_407

Hi everyone.  I have a question I should have the answer to but I don't.  And I don't feel like calling Carnival right now.

I have a cruise scheduled on the Mardi Gras  November 6th that is fully paid for.  Because the Covid crisis seems to be escalating I'd like to push this cruise out more towards February.  Can I do this and what would it cost me?  Anyone know?

1 minute ago, sapphire_407 said:

Hi everyone.  I have a question I should have the answer to but I don't.  And I don't feel like calling Carnival right now.

I have a cruise scheduled on the Mardi Gras  November 6th that is fully paid for.  Because the Covid crisis seems to be escalating I'd like to push this cruise out more towards February.  Can I do this and what would it cost me?  Anyone know?

You need to cancel this cruise and rebook another.  

• Like 1

You can call now and ask if you can move it.  If they let you move it without a penalty, you will lose whatever promotion you originally booked and will need to book under a new promotion.  We did that with our August cruise and are happy with the way Carnival handled it.  We were able to keep our $600 rebooking OBC from a previous cancelled cruise, but will need to resubmit our stock information to get the $100 credit.  They could not move the stock credit.

Thanks for the replies.  I did call them and changed the cruise to January 29th.  I hope the Covid situation calms down a bit by then.  I couldn't be happier with Luciano my vacation planner.  Didn't cost a thing and I kept my $600.00 OBC.  Great customer service from Carnival!

• Like 5

I was going to say that I just pushed our November cruises back (Hubby had major surgery last week) and kept our OBC and the Cheers package. Our PVVP just had to find a cruise that would work under the Cheers promotion. Both cruises are slightly more expensive, but they were quite inexpensive to begin with. 

• Like 1

Yes they will do that with no charge. I had a Nov. cruise also and changed to a different cruise with no penalty. 1st time I called she told me there would be a penalty of 100.00 called back and no problem with 2nd person, she changed with no questions asked and no penalty.