Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

4 hours ago, AshBee said:

Ottawa Canada? I'm also on the Joy leaving the 29 and have bid on an upgrade. This will be my first cruise with NCL, my bfs first cruise and my first cruise in 8 years so I am really hoping one of my bids gets accepted. 

I’m also in this sailing. Hoping for an upgrade to the haven. Keep us posted!

On 10/19/2022 at 11:00 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

So what happened??

Earlier I posted here regarding the fact I was charged the upgrade fee for 4 people instead of just the first two as the terms state.  All of you here as well as my TA all saw the same thing and said the same thing as I, but here is the response I just received from NCL:

Thank you for writing in and choosing Norwegian Cruise Line for your vacation at sea. 

According to our records, the upgrade advantage bid was for a Balcony cabin. This price was $75.00 per person. You have 4 people on your reservation. The total charged was $300. If the Upgrade was for a Club Balcony Suite, you would have been charged $150.00 per person or a total of $600. While we regret any misunderstanding, you did not pay for a Club Balcony Suite. For more information regarding the cabin descriptions, please see our website here:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/staterooms/balcony

The Upgrade Offer Pricing snip provided is based on a double occupancy cabin, not for 4 guests.

Please review the full terms and conditions of the Upgrade Advantage program here:  https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-termsThank you for writing in and choosing Norwegian Cruise Line for your vacation at sea. 

According to our records, the upgrade advantage bid was for a Balcony cabin. This price was $75.00 per person. You have 4 people on your reservation. The total charged was $300. If the Upgrade was for a Club Balcony Suite, you would have been charged $150.00 per person or a total of $600. While we regret any misunderstanding, you did not pay for a Club Balcony Suite. For more information regarding the cabin descriptions, please see our website here:

The Upgrade Offer Pricing snip provided is based on a double occupancy cabin, not for 4 guests.

Please review the full terms and conditions of the Upgrade Advantage program here:  https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-terms

The very terms and conditions they cite state:

"If your reservation includes multiple passengers (between 2 and 9 passengers), the purchase price you accept will be per passenger but only for the first and second passenger on the reservation."

So I am pushing back again.  I genuinely have tried to think about every possible argument they could make against me and I'm coming up blank.  Has anyone else had more than 2 people in a room and been charged for each person beyond that?  Am I looking at this wrong or misinterpreting somehow?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Vemnox said:

Earlier I posted here regarding the fact I was charged the upgrade fee for 4 people instead of just the first two as the terms state.  All of you here as well as my TA all saw the same thing and said the same thing as I, but here is the response I just received from NCL:

Thank you for writing in and choosing Norwegian Cruise Line for your vacation at sea. 

Please review the full terms and conditions of the Upgrade Advantage program here:  https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-termsThank you for writing in and choosing Norwegian Cruise Line for your vacation at sea. 

Please review the full terms and conditions of the Upgrade Advantage program here:  https://www.ncl.com/content/upgrade-advantage-terms

The very terms and conditions they cite state:

"If your reservation includes multiple passengers (between 2 and 9 passengers), the purchase price you accept will be per passenger but only for the first and second passenger on the reservation."

So I am pushing back again.  I genuinely have tried to think about every possible argument they could make against me and I'm coming up blank.  Has anyone else had more than 2 people in a room and been charged for each person beyond that?  Am I looking at this wrong or misinterpreting somehow?

nope they are ripping you off, is first two only. Your TA should be helping you with this.

Upgrade Advantage - how it works.

Welcome to Upgrade Advantage. In just a few clicks, you can submit an offer to upgrade your stateroom on your upcoming cruise.

Browse through the stateroom options below. Making offers on multiple rooms will increase your chances of getting upgraded, but you'll only ever pay for one upgrade.

Here's how it works:

1. Name your bid to upgrade your stateroom on your upcoming cruise, then click Continue.
  2. We'll notify you via email if your request for an upgrade has been approved.

If your offer is accepted, you'll be charged for the upgrade. If not, you pay nothing and keep the stateroom you have.

Offers are based on two occupants per stateroom for the entire duration of the cruise - only the first and second guest will be charged.

Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions or watch the Norwegian Cruise Line Upgrade Advantage video for more information about the program. Please note that information may display incorrectly once printed.

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, neetyl said:

I made multiple bids on different cabins what happens if you are high bid on multiple cabins? Do you get to choose or do they default you to the highest bid you made?

The one the algorithms make the most money you get what you get you can’t decline it and hope for better.  Example if you only want haven don’t bid on club balcony because you might end up with that.  The bidding happens mostly the last week before sailing and it’s very fast pace how the reallocate the cabins

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

You said you were hoping to hear by tomorrow and all I was saying was they don’t send the declines emails out that early.  Happy sailing

We are 6 days out and still pending, and Haven is pretty much sold out now. We are still hoping for a Spa Balcony or Spa club suite those are still available, if we don't get anything we will be happy just the same, is nice to cruise after a 3 year hiatus. 

• Like 3

Is it safe to assume that if I bid on a spa balcony and none are showing as available (site says all sold out), my bid likely won't be accepted? We're currently in a Club Balcony suite (which is totally fine, BTW), but I was hoping for a spa balcony because it includes access to the Thermal Spa (and my bid is less than what it would cost to pay for access to the spa independently). 😉 Sail date is about 35 days away. I realize spa balconies might become available due to cancellations or others upgrading, but am just wondering what folks think my chances are. PS I did also bid on a Haven spa cabin,  but they're also showing as sold out, so I think that's not gonna happen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Is it safe to assume that if I bid on a spa balcony and none are showing as available (site says all sold out), my bid likely won't be accepted? We're currently in a Club Balcony suite (which is totally fine, BTW), but I was hoping for a spa balcony because it includes access to the Thermal Spa (and my bid is less than what it would cost to pay for access to the spa independently). 😉 Sail date is about 35 days away. I realize spa balconies might become available due to cancellations or others upgrading, but am just wondering what folks think my chances are. PS I did also bid on a Haven spa cabin,  but they're also showing as sold out, so I think that's not gonna happen.

We are currently bidding on Haven Spa suite on the Escape which shows sold out. We are also bidding on Spa club suites and Spa balcony and those are available and we are in the GOOD category in the bidding. Some people have told me that my chances are good for spa balcony and spa club suite and to just be hopeful someone will cancel in the HAVEN lol...We will see. A few days ago we were offered to do a live bid we opted out of that, we were not willing to change our bid. We now have the spa passes but if we get a spa balcony or spa club suite that means the spa pass would be less than what we paid for the passes. We are keeping our fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

nope they are ripping you off, is first two only. Your TA should be helping you with this.

Upgrade Advantage - how it works.

Welcome to Upgrade Advantage. In just a few clicks, you can submit an offer to upgrade your stateroom on your upcoming cruise.

Browse through the stateroom options below. Making offers on multiple rooms will increase your chances of getting upgraded, but you'll only ever pay for one upgrade.

Here's how it works:

1. Name your bid to upgrade your stateroom on your upcoming cruise, then click Continue.
  2. We'll notify you via email if your request for an upgrade has been approved.

If your offer is accepted, you'll be charged for the upgrade. If not, you pay nothing and keep the stateroom you have.

Offers are based on two occupants per stateroom for the entire duration of the cruise - only the first and second guest will be charged.

Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions or watch the Norwegian Cruise Line Upgrade Advantage video for more information about the program. Please note that information may display incorrectly once printed.

Now NCL is dancing further stating:

This is to further our previous correspondence and in response to your recent letter. 

We apologize for the misunderstanding on our part. We have contacted the Upgrade Advantage team on your behalf and have been advised the following:

The guest submitted two bids – one for a Balcony, and one for a Club Balcony. Both amounts were for $150 per passenger (the Balcony amount was originally $75 per passenger, but the guest later increased the amount to $150 per passenger). 

Please note that preference levels cannot be set at this time. Should a guest submit multiple bids, any bid may be selected and upgraded at any time up until the close of the program at 0 days prior to sailing. Our system accepted the guest’s offer for a Balcony for $150 per person ($300 total), and the below email was sent to the email address on file, XXX@yahoo.com.

Per our program’s frequently asked questions, if a reservation includes multiple passengers (between 2 and 9 passengers), the offer amount submitted will be per passenger, but only for the first and second passenger on the reservation. The bid amount for a Balcony was $150 per person, so the total amount charged to the credit card ending in 3236 was $300.

I most certainly did not modify my booking to change my bid.  My confirmation very clearly shows my bid of $75pp for Balcony (see my earlier post).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vemnox said:

Now NCL is dancing further stating:

This is to further our previous correspondence and in response to your recent letter. 

We apologize for the misunderstanding on our part. We have contacted the Upgrade Advantage team on your behalf and have been advised the following:

The guest submitted two bids – one for a Balcony, and one for a Club Balcony. Both amounts were for $150 per passenger (the Balcony amount was originally $75 per passenger, but the guest later increased the amount to $150 per passenger). 

Please note that preference levels cannot be set at this time. Should a guest submit multiple bids, any bid may be selected and upgraded at any time up until the close of the program at 0 days prior to sailing. Our system accepted the guest’s offer for a Balcony for $150 per person ($300 total), and the below email was sent to the email address on file, XXX@yahoo.com.

Per our program’s frequently asked questions, if a reservation includes multiple passengers (between 2 and 9 passengers), the offer amount submitted will be per passenger, but only for the first and second passenger on the reservation. The bid amount for a Balcony was $150 per person, so the total amount charged to the credit card ending in 3236 was $300.

I most certainly did not modify my booking to change my bid.  My confirmation very clearly shows my bid of $75pp for Balcony (see my earlier post).

oh my goodness. What a headache, something definitely is not right. 🤐

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

We are currently bidding on Haven Spa suite on the Escape which shows sold out. We are also bidding on Spa club suites and Spa balcony and those are available and we are in the GOOD category in the bidding. Some people have told me that my chances are good for spa balcony and spa club suite and to just be hopeful someone will cancel in the HAVEN lol...We will see. A few days ago we were offered to do a live bid we opted out of that, we were not willing to change our bid. We now have the spa passes but if we get a spa balcony or spa club suite that means the spa pass would be less than what we paid for the passes. We are keeping our fingers crossed. 

You were offered to live bid on what? The Haven Spa suite?  If so, you are out of the bidding then.

Anytime you go live on a specific category it' ends the regular as it goes to a cancelled or pending status.

I know because I bid, we went live, and I am sitting in my Haven Spa suite right now for 21 nights on the Encore.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

You were offered to live bid on what? The Haven Spa suite?  If so, you are out of the bidding then.

Anytime you go live on a specific category it' ends the regular as it goes to a cancelled or pending status.

I know because I bid, we went live, and I am sitting in my Haven Spa suite right now for 21 nights on the Encore.

oh nice to know. We went on live bid on The "Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (HG)" and you are right it still pending. We bid on various rooms. Have a nice cruise. 

3 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

oh nice to know. We went on live bid on The "Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (HG)" and you are right it still pending. We bid on various rooms. Have a nice cruise. 

Live bidding you are not pending even though it may show it on your bid page.

You either get a grey "you have been outbid" banner or a green "You are in the lead" banner.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Live bidding you are not pending even though it may show it on your bid page.

You either get a grey "you have been outbid" banner or a green "You are in the lead" banner.

oh how interesting i didn't know that. It does have a grey banner on the live bid one that i refused to participate in the others are still green...

On 10/24/2022 at 9:56 PM, AshBee said:

Ottawa Canada? I'm also on the Joy leaving the 29 and have bid on an upgrade. This will be my first cruise with NCL, my bfs first cruise and my first cruise in 8 years so I am really hoping one of my bids gets accepted. 

Yes - Ottawa Canada! 🙂

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Very nice! Enjoy, sound delightful.

Out of curiosity did it show you in the lead leading up to it? Wondering if anyone gets the upgrade even if it says they've been outbid - like maybe the highest bidder gets an even better upgrade or something like that. 

I just withdrew haven bids after calling and getting a very good price to go from balcony to spa club balcony and decided to grab it while still available. Don't want to give up the spa passes now so keeping what we have. But good to know for future. 

29 minutes ago, lt0826 said:

Very nice! Enjoy, sound delightful.

Out of curiosity did it show you in the lead leading up to it? Wondering if anyone gets the upgrade even if it says they've been outbid - like maybe the highest bidder gets an even better upgrade or something like that. 

I was leading 5 categories in Haven at one time and I started getting "you we're outbid" emails.

The spa haven room I was leading from 1st bid and never lost winning.

The others,  I was being outbid even at over $15,000 for two people bids.

There were 19 havens available.

The flaw I see is multiple cabins in same category. Yes you might be high bidder but you might not need to be if there are several cabins in that category.

• Like 3