Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

We got our email that our bid was accepted today. We are on the Encore 3/13. So excited! We bid $50 over the minimum on several categories, ended up with the Forward Facing Penthouse (HG). There are 3 of us and just so grateful to have a separate sleeping area for our teenage niece and a bigger bathroom,

• Like 7

Hi upgrade experts

I am Sapphire latitudes and have sailed with NCL numerous times, but normally in a 2 bedroom suite on ships like the Jewel, Jade and POA. Never in the Haven though. The S type suites with "suite" privileges, but not Haven access.

We have received an upgrade offer for the Epic (June Mediterranean) which a new ship for us. I don't like our chances, as there are very few suites available, but then you never know with the world in turmoil and with covid restrictions in Europe.

So for rooms like The Haven Aft-Facing Balcony and The Haven Spa suite, does it mean you have access to the Haven, though not located near it?

assume the HF The Haven Courtyard with Balcony is actually in the Haven? Why is there only one of its class on the Deck 16 Haven rooms? Is there anything wrong with it?

We are currently in a balcony. With Sapphire privileges, we are supposed to get a lot of "priorities" anyway, but do these happen for non-suite guests e.g. tenders, boarding. Does anyone have experience of receiving these privileges, if not a suite guest?

I am trying to weigh up the value of upgrading on what is a port intensive cruise (every day). I assume on top of the upgrade, we would be up for butler and concierge tips. Any thoughts?

Also, what does "The actual upgrade price may vary depending on your original fare and upgrade availability" which is in the blue question mark?

For winners of an upgrade, did you bid the same amount for each choice or vary the bids per choice? Did they take the higher of your bids even if that was in the poor range or a lower bid for a lesser choice but in the fair bidding range?  I am trying to see if they select on highest amount or highest range of poor, fair, etc to green.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jed12345 said:

You bid up to 2 categories higher (up to balcony for inside).

Thanks a lot! 

So I guess a Balcony or a Club Balcony Suite would allow me to bid for Haven? right? 🙏

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SA1980 said:

So I guess a Balcony or a Club Balcony Suite would allow me to bid for Haven? right? 🙏

Yes, That's what we usually do. So far we've won 3 out of 4.  Not looking good for our next one though.

• Thanks 2

Called last night and paid to upgrade our room directly, but curious that we haven't received an updated Upgrade Advantage offer.  Anyone know how long it usually takes to get a new upgrade offer with updated bidding info in this scenario?

2 hours ago, aswmammoth said:

Called last night and paid to upgrade our room directly, but curious that we haven't received an updated Upgrade Advantage offer.  Anyone know how long it usually takes to get a new upgrade offer with updated bidding info in this scenario?

We also did an upgrade directly.  The upgrade offers stayed the same.  We are sailing on April 2, 2022

The cost to upgrade to the Haven was lower than the bids on most of the cabins we were bidding to.  We went from a 2 bedroom family SP to a HH for just $820.00 total.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ingnacious said:

We got our email that our bid was accepted today. We are on the Encore 3/13. So excited! We bid $50 over the minimum on several categories, ended up with the Forward Facing Penthouse (HG). There are 3 of us and just so grateful to have a separate sleeping area for our teenage niece and a bigger bathroom,

The forward suite is my favorite. Enjoy

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mrshorsy said:

We upgraded directly to Haven and actually received a refund so I am glad we didn’t bid!

When I called the person I spoked to said we had to cancel and then rebook. The price would have been way more than the upgrade bid. That’s amazing it was less than what you originally paid!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ingnacious said:

When I called the person I spoked to said we had to cancel and then rebook. The price would have been way more than the upgrade bid. That’s amazing it was less than what you originally paid!

Yes we received a refund of £780 and we were willing to bid £1000 as an upgrade bid ! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Has anyone every gotten a Haven upgrade bid accepted prior to 5 days before cruise? 

Yes, at 4 days prior on Jan 30 Encore. The first round of Haven upgrades was done at 5 days prior. None of our bids were accepted (too low). We only bid on the Courtyard Penthouse and 2BR Family Villas. I increased our bids (but still within our budget) and crossed my fingers that some additional Haven cabins would become available. During the day Tuesday I saw two Courtyard Penthouses open up. The next morning our Courtyard Penthouse  bid was accepted.

• Like 2

My apologies if this question has been answered 50 times already, hard to sift through 48 pages of posts.  I have upgraded two previous NCL cruises and most recent in December I was able to upgrade from a Balcony to a Club Balcony with a $20 minimum bid (all dollar references Canadian).  

We are sailing again in about a month and I see that the smallest minimum bid I'm allowed is $130 pp. Does this slide a lot in the weeks before sailing in the experience of those who have one this a lot?  I'm happy with the room I have, but if I can score a cheap upgrade I'm happy to wait as well.   

8 minutes ago, dolfan1980 said:

My apologies if this question has been answered 50 times already, hard to sift through 48 pages of posts.  I have upgraded two previous NCL cruises and most recent in December I was able to upgrade from a Balcony to a Club Balcony with a $20 minimum bid (all dollar references Canadian).  

We are sailing again in about a month and I see that the smallest minimum bid I'm allowed is $130 pp. Does this slide a lot in the weeks before sailing in the experience of those who have one this a lot?  I'm happy with the room I have, but if I can score a cheap upgrade I'm happy to wait as well.   

I'm three days away from sailing and the min bid for my Balcony (BA) to a Club Balcony is $100pp Canadian funds. This is for a 7 night cruise.

• Like 1