CVS Walgreens Quest testing

excitedcruiser

21 hours ago, MardiGras10022021 said:

us also only pcr no antigen anywhere here.will carnival accept it? please say yes! lol

PCR is fine with Carnival, and is the most accurate. The only problem is it can take 2 to 3 days to get results, and you need to have a negative test result within 2 days, so that's cutting it very close.

• Like 1

I didn't get a cancelation email from CVS for my rapid tomorrow, so let's hope they don't cancel it on me on-site, because if so there'll be some choice words for their management. I have backups just in case, but I'd prefer not to be driving around town in 105+ heat getting the test done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matt1119 said:

I didn't get a cancelation email from CVS for my rapid tomorrow, so let's hope they don't cancel it on me on-site, because if so there'll be some choice words for their management. I have backups just in case, but I'd prefer not to be driving around town in 105+ heat getting the test done.

Please let me know how that goes. I am concerned about them canceling last minute. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gigem_aggies said:

An update: 

Had a rapid diagnostic test done at Walgreens about an hour ago (molecular NAAT).  Had a PCR test at CVS about 30 minutes ago.  Got back to my office and already had the Walgreens results (negative).  So, I canceled the Curative PCR test appointment.

Thank you for posting! I was looking for info on the Walgreens Rapid Diagnostic (ID Now). 

Edited by sweetsixteencruisers

5 hours ago, sweetsixteencruisers said:

Thank you for posting! I was looking for info on the Walgreens Rapid Diagnostic (ID Now). 

We got the ID Now test at the Walgreens drive-through pharmacy window for our 8/26 Magic cruise.  It's listed on our lab reports as "Rapid Diagnostic Test (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test NAAT)".  We made the appointment two days in advance after hearing CVS was cancelling appointments at the last minute.  We had made our CVS appointments about 2 weeks in advance but were going to have to drive to Orlando (about 45-50 minutes away) to get a rapid test done.  Walgreen was only 15 minutes away and we got an email with a link to the results about 30 minutes later.  It was quick and painless and couldn't have been easier.  

20 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

We got the ID Now test at the Walgreens drive-through pharmacy window for our 8/26 Magic cruise.  It's listed on our lab reports as "Rapid Diagnostic Test (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test NAAT)".  We made the appointment two days in advance after hearing CVS was cancelling appointments at the last minute.  We had made our CVS appointments about 2 weeks in advance but were going to have to drive to Orlando (about 45-50 minutes away) to get a rapid test done.  Walgreen was only 15 minutes away and we got an email with a link to the results about 30 minutes later.  It was quick and painless and couldn't have been easier.  

Thank you, I feel better. I was starting to stress. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, excitedcruiser said:

Please let me know how that goes. I am concerned about them canceling last minute. 

Had my appointment on time, she called me one minute prior. Went in, did ask she told, and by the time I got home, she called with the negative results. Woo Hoo! 

On 9/4/2021 at 5:13 PM, babygrljaz said:

I used Walgreens a few weeks ago, just before it was required for cruising.  It was thru the drive thru, they asked me to verify my dob then sent them the swab in sealed packaging.  I swabbed my nose as they watched, sent it back.  I got the results within less than 2 hours.  Unfortunately now i can't find any walgreens near me, and there are a bunch, with open appointments.  I did noticed though they closed how far out you can book.  Now it's only 2 days out, it was 2 weeks.  I'm trying CVS & walmart (quest diagnostics) for my cruise in a couple of weeks.  I booked 2 because i have read of many that have gotten canceled last minute.  

was it theRapid diagnostic test( ID NOW) and if so did you use it for cruising and was it accepted

On 9/7/2021 at 10:50 AM, gigem_aggies said:

An update: 

Had a rapid diagnostic test done at Walgreens about an hour ago (molecular NAAT).  Had a PCR test at CVS about 30 minutes ago.  Got back to my office and already had the Walgreens results (negative).  So, I canceled the Curative PCR test appointment.

did you use the ID NOW from walgreens to get on the cruise,  was it accepted     ?   

I'm assuming the ID NOW is a molecular NAAT was that printed on your results

On 9/7/2021 at 2:18 PM, sweetsixteencruisers said:

1 minute ago, DAVLIB007 said:

did you use the ID NOW from walgreens to get on the cruise,  was it accepted     ?   

1 minute ago, DAVLIB007 said:

21 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

this is the answer i was looking for Carnival docent seem too know. I wish Walgreens would list as a NAAT test it would make it easier for us old farts to figure out. so I m assuming you used it for your Magic cruise?

• Like 2

On 9/7/2021 at 11:50 AM, gigem_aggies said:

An update: 

Sounds like Walgreens was a good choice. When you had your results, did the page have your  name, date of birth, and everything else that is required by Carnival?

4 minutes ago, DAVLIB007 said:

this is the answer i was looking for Carnival docent seem too know. I wish Walgreens would list as a NAAT test it would make it easier for us old farts to figure out. so I m assuming you used it for your Magic cruise?

was the NAAT wording listed on the report or just 

6 minutes ago, DAVLIB007 said:

Was the NAAT wording listed on the  result page

2 hours ago, DAVLIB007 said:

Yes, we used it for the Magic cruise without any issues.  We got the emails from Walgreens, clicked on the link and logged into the site using our birthdates.  I saved the results as a pdf then printed them out to take with us.  The testing part of it was surprisingly easy and super quick.  Getting the appointments set up was the stressful part.  

17 hours ago, monakayk said:

How can you  get tested @ the  airport ? Please explain -----thanks .

Some airports have vendors performing rapid tests. Its mainly to support people flying out of the country but my understanding is that anyone can schedule an appointment. Walk ups are handled as capacity allows. MCO Orlando does have a testing center set up.

20 hours ago, monakayk said:

How can you  get tested @ the  airport ? Please explain -----thanks .

The one at IAH is https://xprescheck.com/  I haven't used it.  My daughter is looking into it.  She's coming in from Seattle.  But many of the major airports offer testing.  This one is $200 for rapid (naat), results within the hour.  Or $75 for pcr, results in 2-3 hrs. Honestly i do not know if all airports are using the same clinic.  I assume they are

19 hours ago, DAVLIB007 said:

was it theRapid diagnostic test( ID NOW) and if so did you use it for cruising and was it accepted

This is what it said on the results pdf

IDNOW COVID-19 rapid diagnostic test (nucleic acid amplification test NAAT)

No i didn't use it for cruising, like i said before i did it just before it was required for cruising, like days before it started.  So the process shouldn't have changed much yet. 

For anyone else looking for testing coming into IAH there is a mobile clinic they just opened on Aldine-Westfield @ FM 1960 headed to I-45.  It is UMMC, they offer free rapid testing.  I will try to stop by this weekend to get more info