CVS Walgreens Quest testing

excitedcruiser

On 9/4/2021 at 9:49 AM, excitedcruiser said:

I would love to hear about your experience with result turn around time or cancellation issues with CVS, Walgreens or Quest. 

We sail on 9/12, on the Pride.  We scheduled our CVS rapid antigen tests two weeks ago, for today at 12:30pm.  We drove to the site and on the way we got a text from CVS saying to go into the portable white testing building in the CVS parking lot.  Got there at 12:25.  Walked in.  Nurse was funny, saying things like "you get to swab yourself so you don't have to worry about me swabbing your brain".  She confirmed it was one of the rapid antigen tests on the Carnival list.  15 seconds in each nostril and no pressure from Nurse Ratched to stick it up further than we were comfortable with.  On the drive home (we stopped to pick up banh mi's) our results were both texted and emailed.  Negative.  Everything present that Carnival requires (date, time, name, dob).

• Like 2

I’m in Texas and could not get an appointment to be tested anywhere nearby.  Finally found a CVS Minute Clinic a couple towns over and made appointments for the 3 of us for yesterday (we sail tomorrow).  We were in and out in 15 minutes and had a text within 20 minutes that all were negative.  By the time we got home the results were available in our text, email, and through my chart.  No charge.  

• Like 3

We used CVS for PCR testing at 10 am and then 11am on Sept. 1 for a Sept. 4 sailing.  We each received our results 36 hours later.

We printed the negative report, and had email and MYChart result listed as backup if needed.  We had our documents reviewed by 2 agents and had no problems getting checked in for our cruise.

On 9/12/2021 at 10:30 AM, excitedcruiser said:

Has anyone used an urgent care for testing?  Did you just walk in or have to schedule?  Do they do rapid?  

well in my area only abut 25% of the locations will do them.

Not appointment needed but do the research and find out which ones do the rapid.

They do not go through insurance, you just pay them approx $150.

sorry no one else replied.  I have not taken any tests yet and have been cancelling cruises because all this stress of testing is getting on my nerves.  But do call around the various Urgent care and ask them if they have supplies etc.

1 minute ago, excitedcruiser said:

It was rapid. Scheduled at cvs website 2 weeks ago. 

oh i thought you said quest.  cvs is quick.  My son and I had ours done this morning (9 am), got a call with results by the time we got to work (10:15).  I'm looking for testing for my daughter who is flying in from Washington.  No where near her do they do rapid, everything is pcr and they all said they are behind so don't expect results within less than 3 days.  Her last option was at the naval base but they too only do pcr which may take as long as 48 hrs

21 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

oh i thought you said quest.  cvs is quick.  My son and I had ours done this morning (9 am), got a call with results by the time we got to work (10:15).  I'm looking for testing for my daughter who is flying in from Washington.  No where near her do they do rapid, everything is pcr and they all said they are behind so don't expect results within less than 3 days.  Her last option was at the naval base but they too only do pcr which may take as long as 48 hrs

I got quest and my daughter got cvs. 

1 minute ago, excitedcruiser said:

I got quest and my daughter got cvs. 

i was asking about the quest one, i thought that's me comment i quoted on sorry 😃 but they close at 4 pm.  her flight doesn't land until 4:13, if they aren't delayed.  so it would be pointless to try calling or walk-in.  I feel like i'm running in circles trying to find something for her

Best thing I learned while looking at our options last week was this:  CVS/Walgreens/ Rite Aid may do the testing on their site, but it is sent elsewhere for processing.  So the "clock" on when your test is ready is NOT from your testing sample time, but from when the lab receives it.  Unless you have the option for rapid testing, there's a pretty good chance your will NOT have your results within the 48 hour window.  

I'm ordering the test kits and scheduling a rapid test at a local pharmacy (not a chain) so that I know we will be covered either way.