Why Carnival?

jet228

38 minutes ago, matymil said:

I honestly think carnival totally wins when it comes to value. I priced out NCL from NYC for a cruise at the end of the year. Even with all their "free" promos it doesnt even come close to Carnivals price. Even when you factor in the flight and hotel Carnival is still hundreds cheaper. I also love their crew. I feel like they constantly go above and beyond.

But you always have to try to compare an apple to an apple.  With NCL out of NYC, there is no flight, but you do have the perks if you want them.  If you choose Carnival, in order to make it a fair comparison, you need to add Cheers and 2 nights of specialty dining to offset the perks you're paying for on NCL.  I just looked up the NCL Epic out of NYC on Dec 5 for 7 nights for 400 bucks on a popular cruise site, I am assuming it's perk free, but would be cheaper than a comparable Carnival sized ship out of FLA with air.

On 9/5/2021 at 11:46 AM, jet228 said:

Hey cruisers! Just for a little background, I've cruised twice with each of Carnival, Royal Caribbean (after next weekend), and NCL. My cruises on Carnival were 7 and 4 years ago. 

I'm constantly dreaming and test booking cruises from a bunch of different lines,  and weighing the pluses and minuses of all. 

Carnival never seems to win when it comes to straight up value,  and I'm wondering from the die hard Carnival fans: why do you book Carnival? Is it itinerary,  ship amenities,  or something else?

I'll likely go on a Carnival cruise again soon as I want to see how the product has changed in the past 4 years so just curious for input from fans.

Thanks!

Because they limit the Bacon every other day.....they make up new stuff monthly to save on money and cheap us out.

They ruled many years ago only Lobster on 5 day cruise or more....because they are the really the lowest cruise provider when you break it down on room, length of cruise. ports, and many with past benefits (VIPP) like us)  sort of stuck if you want any perks....

Just off Disney and they Kicked Carnivals ass - was a test cruise too on top!

They prices are double so that explains it all.....get a bag of southwest peanuts!

Nonetheless, they do a good job of a great vacation with pricing and packages.....

So weigh it all out for yourself....just saying 65+ years of experience......

On 9/6/2021 at 9:47 AM, firefly333 said:

Only dream class allows 5 to a ov cabin. I'm not aware of any other carnival cabins that allow you to book 5. 

Agree rcl will allow you to squeeze a baby or toddler into a quad,  just search for 4 and call. Carnival doesnt allow this at all. Advantage rcl once again?

The conquest class ships that have a Captain’s Suite will sleep 5 as well. 

9 hours ago, DGNewton said:

Because they limit the Bacon every other day.....they make up new stuff monthly to save on money and cheap us out.

They ruled many years ago only Lobster on 5 day cruise or more....because they are the really the lowest cruise provider when you break it down on room, length of cruise. ports, and many with past benefits (VIPP) like us)  sort of stuck if you want any perks....

Just off Disney and they Kicked Carnivals ass - was a test cruise too on top!

They prices are double so that explains it all.....get a bag of southwest peanuts!

Nonetheless, they do a good job of a great vacation with pricing and packages.....

So weigh it all out for yourself....just saying 65+ years of experience......

The great thing about cruising is there are many different brands with different experiences.  We have been on Carnival, NCL, RCL and Disney and have had amazing times on everyone of them.  

On 9/13/2021 at 2:31 AM, Colorado Beach Bum said:

The great thing about cruising is there are many different brands with different experiences.  We have been on Carnival, NCL, RCL and Disney and have had amazing times on everyone of them.  

Yeah, we get it....we always enjoy cruising despite some stupid stuff every now and then....plus the penny pinching, but we get it and understand that's what you get  with them.....

We'll sail them again with the Good Lord willing.....Oct 30th, trick or trick here we come, I think I'll dress as a slab of Oscar Mayer Bacon......my wife can be a pair of poached eggs.....

• Haha 1

Loved celebrity. No more, Price! All inclusive is not for us. Do not like paying for something we will never use or do. Prefer to pick and pay for what we like. Carnival, Princess, Royal. Stock OBC, Princess Veterans OBC also. So far 5 for next year, one for 2022 so we will book MSC in 2022 and see how they are now. They have lots of great prices and perks.