Peace of Mind future cruise credit

craig01020

I cancelled my NCL cruise yesterday using Peace of Mind since I was past final payment date. Now I'm just waiting for my FCC so I can rebook. My question for anyone who has cancelled recently: realistically how long should it take before the FCC posts to my account?

Thanks, and maybe I'll see some of you on a future cruise.

3 hours ago, craig01020 said:

I cancelled my NCL cruise yesterday using Peace of Mind since I was past final payment date. Now I'm just waiting for my FCC so I can rebook. My question for anyone who has cancelled recently: realistically how long should it take before the FCC posts to my account?

Thanks, and maybe I'll see some of you on a future cruise.

I canceled a week ago and still waiting. My NCL travel consultant said I would be contacted as soon as it is available. 

I’m still 20+ days out but will call NCL customer service 18 days out to confirm my Peace of Mind has been processed if I haven’t heard by then. 

• Thanks 1

My son cancelled his cruise on Peace of Mind, it took 5 days to get the cancellation email (that was 31st August) so far he hasn't yet received his cruise next certificates or future cruise credit.  I'm not expecting it to arrive for another week or two 

Edited by SpainAlien
  • Thanks 1

I cancelled on 8/30 for our 9/15 cruise. The FCC under Peace of Mind showed up today and it is only 1/2 the value and must be used by 9/1/2022. No additional credit card returns for taxes, fees, etc have shown up. Looks like follow up will be needed.  Best I can tell, NCL has also removed POM as an offering at some point after we cancelled our cruise on 8/30 as I can only find it referenced under FAQ/FCC for POM.  Is isn't really Peace of Mind if you have to chase down the refunds. Hoping it is just a mistake.

Edited by LSquaredAZP

2 hours ago, LSquaredAZP said:

I cancelled on 8/30 for our 9/15 cruise. The FCC under Peace of Mind showed up today and it is only 1/2 the value and must be used by 9/1/2022. No additional credit card returns for taxes, fees, etc have shown up. Looks like follow up will be needed.  Best I can tell, NCL has also removed POM as an offering at some point after we cancelled our cruise on 8/30 as I can only find it referenced under FAQ/FCC for POM.  Is isn't really Peace of Mind if you have to chase down the refunds. Hoping it is just a mistake.

Don't forget that each guest receives their share of the refund so if you were booked with another person they will also have received a future cruise credit 

• Like 1

Thank you SpainAlien. I called NCL and Greg was very, very helpful. That is indeed the situation. Apparently slightly more than half the credits were assigned to my husband's Latitude account, for which we did not have an online account to access. Credits were accounted for but the spa pass credits for the two of us are in pending mode, but should be returned to our credit card. Looks like we have to rebook a cruise by 9/1/2022 and sail by 12/31/2022.  

• Like 1

I received my FCCs today, but unfortunately, my Platinum Travel Protection was non-refundable. 😟

"Additionally, if you purchased our Essentials, Book Safe Standard or Platinum travel protection plan, you will not receive an additional future cruise credit as this amount is also non-refundable."

44 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

I received my FCCs today, but unfortunately, my Platinum Travel Protection was non-refundable. 😟

"Additionally, if you purchased our Essentials, Book Safe Standard or Platinum travel protection plan, you will not receive an additional future cruise credit as this amount is also non-refundable."

But what about a credit for these insurance / travel protection plan even though it won't be refundable to your credit card? I do not know if NCL changed their policies, but if I remembered correctly, I believe I gotten a credit to use it toward the next cruise.

i need some help understanding this policy.  i just got my email stating my future cruise credit amount and  it doesn’t add up at all! 

the cruise amount we paid cash for was $1593.34 (this does NOT including our cruise next deposits, prior cruise credit, and the travel protection which i understand we are SOL on). yet i am only being refunded $1307.47.  what am i missing??? are they refunding the dining/beverage surcharge (the gratuity on the free at sea that we paid?) 

I wanted to book a cruise today and have been waiting since Sept. 3 cancellation yet no FCC.  I had called NCL 3x but the reps couldn't tell me where I was in the process.  So sent an email and today received a call and everything was done.

I found out that the two CN's were refunded as FCC.  

The website still states FCC within 7 days but this wait way exceeded any limits even though they are busy processing.  So glad I could get it straightened out and have already applied the FCC!

@scendrohope you get the gratuities back as it seems they should be refunded as FCC.  NCL was able to give me the breakdown so perhaps you should call.

12 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

I wanted to book a cruise today and have been waiting since Sept. 3 cancellation yet no FCC.  I had called NCL 3x but the reps couldn't tell me where I was in the process.  So sent an email and today received a call and everything was done.

I found out that the two CN's were refunded as FCC.  

The website still states FCC within 7 days but this wait way exceeded any limits even though they are busy processing.  So glad I could get it straightened out and have already applied the FCC!

@scendrohope you get the gratuities back as it seems they should be refunded as FCC.  NCL was able to give me the breakdown so perhaps you should call.

who did you email?   I am in the same situation. TIA

On 9/21/2021 at 7:05 AM, scendro said:

i need some help understanding this policy.  i just got my email stating my future cruise credit amount and  it doesn’t add up at all! 

the cruise amount we paid cash for was $1593.34 (this does NOT including our cruise next deposits, prior cruise credit, and the travel protection which i understand we are SOL on). yet i am only being refunded $1307.47.  what am i missing??? are they refunding the dining/beverage surcharge (the gratuity on the free at sea that we paid?) 

Any update to your fcc and cruise next certs? I canceled under POM recently and the amount credited to my account is less than the amount I paid too. My 2 cruise next certs are MIA,  not even refunded as FCC either. 

Edited by Heather1972