Celebrity Infinity Redeployment 2022

SummmerInKefalonia

The change to using Ravenna instead of Venice as a home port affects Constellation as well as Infinity.  Some sailings are having other adjustments to their itinerary including length.  Here are the letters being sent out to the affected sailings: link

Edited by mahdnc

4 minutes ago, sydbarrett said:

Hmm...mine still says Venice. I wonder when they will let us know? I knew I booked my airbnb too early 🙂 

I notice my booking isn't changed at all yet when I look at the cruise now it is 2 days earlier, a day longer, and different itinerary. I've heard nothing! I wonder if they will just cancel me?

This change from Venice to Ravenna, just happened.  Yesterday I was on the phone with my TA & connected with a Celebrity agent…both of them knew nothing, but it was updated on the website.

It looked goofy, seeing Sep 18 from Venice with a 2nd listing for Sep 17 from Ravenna for the Infinity.  Celebrity agent, said give it a couple of days for the website to be fully changed, and emails to be sent.

Venice announced banning cruise ships back in July.  It has been obvious since then that virtually all mainstream lines would have to move departures/arrivals and port visits.  The ban is on all ships over 25,000 GWT.  None of Celebrity's ships are even close.   Even the R Class ships on lines like Azamara and Oceania are too big at 30,000 GWT.  

Ships are largely deploying from either Ravenna or Trieste.

We still haven't received a letter, today Monday 13th.  I rang Celebrity directly as the deadline to change your cruise appears to be Wednesday 15th.  They were very helpful but also seemed to be taken by surprise but they changed my cruise no problem. We specifically wanted to visit Split and Dubrovnik and that is why we switched cruises as the new itinerary had dropped Split.  Only guarantee staterooms at the moment.  We have never been to Ravenna and may stay there overnight and also stay in Bologna on the way back.   I think that it is all very confusing for staff at the moment and I guess that it will be sorted out in a few days.  

7 minutes ago, Maxie33 said:

We still haven't received a letter, today Monday 13th.  I rang Celebrity directly as the deadline to change your cruise appears to be Wednesday 15th.  They were very helpful but also seemed to be taken by surprise but they changed my cruise no problem. We specifically wanted to visit Split and Dubrovnik and that is why we switched cruises as the new itinerary had dropped Split.  Only guarantee staterooms at the moment.  We have never been to Ravenna and may stay there overnight and also stay in Bologna on the way back.   I think that it is all very confusing for staff at the moment and I guess that it will be sorted out in a few days.  

You are a voice of reason, logic and understanding!