Carnival Shareholder OBC

Lady cruise line

Actually the Shareholder benefits is a three tier plan

1004499533_ScreenShot2021-09-10at8_00_00AM.thumb.png.7eb6b72d1d9aa39b8049efbf668d3d99.png

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2022 

I have 6 CCL (Carnival & Holland America) booked. I have submitted 6 cruises and been approved for 4 cruises departing through 4/22. Cruises from 8/22 and beyond I was told to resubmit at a later time. The current benefit is only approved for sailings through 7/22. OBC appears after embarkation.

Edited by RGEDad
Added last paragraph & Benefit Date

In Rounded Numbers, Have ~ $75,000 in Bookings over the next 1.5 Years. Stockholder Benefits come to ~$1,000. Cost was ~$2,000 (This Years Purchase). 

So it appears like ~ 1.5% cruise cost reduction, Or ~ 50% ROI on Stock Purchase over 18 months - more or less.

Plus any increase/loss of stock price / dividends

Risk of course is that CCL goes Belly-up - but my loss in Deposits would far outweigh the stock price loss in that case.  

And yes - It does tend to color our cruise company selection - does not mandate, but does consider/influence it - which of course is why they do it (IMHO).

Carnival is now counting two seven day B2B cruises as a fourteen day cruise. I received $150 OBC on my second leg of my B2B2B instead of $100.

I also just purchased stock this summer. I, too,  am looking at it from the ROI standpoint. $350 in non-taxable OBC in the next month is a pretty good return, especially since two of the three cabins we booked are inexpensive 4Js.

Since the OBC is available on all CCL lines, I don't feel as limited as I would if we could only use it on the Carnival brand.

• Like 1