Quick question regarding Neptune Suite on Nieuw Amsterdam

goldsmip115

While I don’t have pics or recent experience of a aft Neptune Suite Deck 7 has larger aft balcony staterooms over all compared to the other decks so the corner aft should also be slightly bigger. You can cal Hal reservations and they do have access to exact sq ft if you get the right Reps 😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m actually considering changing to a Deck 4 Aft wraparound balcony on the Eurodam vice in the middle of the ship on Deck 7.

@Nodakboiler   I saw some pictures online and it seemed like the washing mechanism is off Cabin 4181.     I know that Port means left but I thought 4181 was right (Starboard).   Do you know if there is one on each side?

7 hours ago, Evilmuffin said:

I’m actually considering changing to a Deck 4 Aft wraparound balcony on the Eurodam vice in the middle of the ship on Deck 7.

@Nodakboiler   I saw some pictures online and it seemed like the washing mechanism is off Cabin 4181.     I know that Port means left but I thought 4181 was right (Starboard).   Do you know if there is one on each side?

We had cabin 4181 on the August 28th New Amsterdam cruise.  The washing mechanism was located in the corner of our balcony.  4181 is Starboard side.  I was a little apprehensive about it affecting our views but we barely noticed it after a short time.  The wrap around balcony is so large that the washing thing is not a problem. Loved that cabin and we are booked on the Eurodam in January in the opposite corner on deck 4.  Not at all concerned about the machine being parked there.

8 hours ago, ronmar22 said:

We had cabin 4181 on the August 28th New Amsterdam cruise.  The washing mechanism was located in the corner of our balcony.  4181 is Starboard side.  I was a little apprehensive about it affecting our views but we barely noticed it after a short time.  The wrap around balcony is so large that the washing thing is not a problem. Loved that cabin and we are booked on the Eurodam in January in the opposite corner on deck 4.  Not at all concerned about the machine being parked there.

I callled my PCC to change to Cabin 4176 and she said that there was a window washing machine that was stored there and wanted to make sure that I knew about it.    I asked her if it was on both sides and she said yes.  She also said it was the last aft corner suite available.   I told her that I didn’t mind as I wanted to try one for a change.    Then she said if I had a few minutes to be put on hold, she would call ships inventory and see if they would free up a different one.   A few minutes later she came back on and said that ships inventory will free up one on deck 5.   So I am now booked in Cabin 5187.   Perhaps they are only showing a certain amount of rooms available as they are not sailing at 100% capacity but have the ability to book one that shows its not available if a passenger specifically asks for it and its actually not taken.  

On 9/11/2021 at 12:36 PM, goldsmip115 said:

Which aft wrap around Neptune’s have the largest balconies, please.  Any link to pictures or reviews would be great.  Thank you everyone.

You might also wish to check on the amount of overhang which will determine the amount of shade. 

Our last cruise on NA was on deck eight, the top just below the Lido.  No noise.  Very convenient to the Lido.  Lot's of room and shade.  One floor  up to Lido and one floor down to the Neptune Lounge.

Edited by RocketMan275