Live from Mariner of the Seas b2b 9/13-9/20

jam19872016

3 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Someone mentioned in passing on another thread that there was a pop up testing site at the PC pier. 

No problem for me, I live locally and will get tested before I go in November, but I am curious about it.

Is it for people who do not pay attention and do not realize that they need a test before boarding?

Is it for a  backup test if you don't answer the health questions to RC's satisfaction? 

I bet it is costly, if its just there as a convenience. 

Any info you can scout would be interesting to know.

Thanks and have a wonderful trip. 

I was able to confirm they do have testing available at the port for those who do not get their results back in time. The agent was unsure the cost but he said he thought it was $105.

Keep in mind these things can change at the drop of a hat so don't rely on it but it may be a good backup option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

Did it take long to get a shuttle to the port? We're using them later this week - for the first time too. 

Not long about 10 minutes. They used backroads most of the way so I think they would be immune to heavy traffic days. Bit of a bumpy ride but quick and painless.

5 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Not long about 10 minutes. They used backroads most of the way so I think they would be immune to heavy traffic days. Bit of a bumpy ride but quick and painless.

Thanks! Was a little with the ships at such low capacity that we'd be sitting there at the parking lot waiting for a while for either the shuttle to arrive or for them to decide it's full enough to leave. 

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Let us know how you like the new parking.  I never heard of them.  We used to use Park N Cruise but now we just pay and park right at the port.  $40 vs $85 for our next one is a pretty big difference.  Have fun  We will be there in 2 weeks.  I was on the first one out last month

So far so good. I'll give a final assessment after the return but so far they seem good. 

Holy moly lunch was good but I need to make some modifications if I order any of this again. Way too much food lol.

Truffle burger.20210913_142413.thumb.jpg.3fd7cc98973476c38e5723336ae2f5d1.jpg

Campfire cookie for dessert.

20210913_143949.thumb.jpg.76b71631c42d20062585b59fc27344c9.jpg

Next time I'll ask for a single patty and no marshmallows on the cookie. I think i just caught diabetes eating that thing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Hope you have a great cruise, and that when the ship returns on Friday, we will get to join you for your second leg.  Love the Mariner (looks like you do, too) and can't wait to return to Coco Cay.  

So far I'm loving it. The cruise has way more energy than freedom and the crew have been wonderful so far. 

2 hours ago, flamingos said:

Are they at Terminal 1?

Sorry I did not notice. I will try to find out on turnaround day.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Holy moly lunch was good but I need to make some modifications if I order any of this again. Way too much food lol.

Truffle burger.20210913_142413.thumb.jpg.3fd7cc98973476c38e5723336ae2f5d1.jpg

Campfire cookie for dessert.

20210913_143949.thumb.jpg.76b71631c42d20062585b59fc27344c9.jpg

Next time I'll ask for a single patty and no marshmallows on the cookie. I think i just caught diabetes eating that thing.

If you have dinner after this, I will be impressed.  This lunch would finish me for the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booplesnoople said:

Excited to follow along! We're on Mariner next month 😄

Tha ks for following along 

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

Thanks! Was a little with the ships at such low capacity that we'd be sitting there at the parking lot waiting for a while for either the shuttle to arrive or for them to decide it's full enough to leave. 

There was a wait for the shuttle to fill up but it did not seem excessive. I arrived right as the last shuttle filled up so I had the longest wait for the next to fill up. I'd say maybe another 10 minutes for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rogueperson said:

If you have dinner after this, I will be impressed.  This lunch would finish me for the day.

This was insane. I was going to order nachos but something told me that would be too much food. 

Dinner will be no problem. Some people can drink their money's worth on the beverage package. I can eat myself stupid on the dining plan 😆.

I plan on going to Izumi sushi for dinner which should be a relatively light meal at least compared to Jamie's or chops. It might leave room for a late night nacho run cause I do have a nacho craving now.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Was the muster drill that video thing they have you do on the app and then you just check in at the muster station?

yes and then they do a quick 60 second speech basically saying the same thing they do on the video and you are on your way.

• Like 1

People watching during sail away was amusing. Its way too early to be that ummmm.... well lubricated. It was fun to watch for a while then they started behaving dangerously and it stopped being fun.

Went back to the room for a bit I don't think they have on-demand movies if they do I can't figure out how to pull it up.

Now I am at the vaccinated only ice show starting in 10 minutes. They did not check reservations so they must not be expecting a full crowd.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Have a great cruise!!!!  I'm jealous!  I don't cruise until February on the Silhouette!

Darn!  I can't believe I just missed your Sailaway!!!

Thank you.

I have a celebrity cruise in April. I think equinox. Thanks to all the royal cruises I've booked i will be elite so I am excited for that. Plus it's going to several new ports for me in the deep southern Caribbean.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

People watching during sail away was amusing. Its way too early to be that ummmm.... well lubricated. It was fun to watch for a while then they started behaving dangerously and it stopped being fun.

I'm sorry to hear that. That's never fun.