Will NCL change flight that they booked?

Kruisn'Kay

NCL booked terrible flight times for an upcoming cruise. There are dozens of other flights available that work on numerous airlines. Has anyone had any luck with NCL changing flights that they already booked? Also, if I don’t take the flights that NCL booked for me on AA, can I use them as future flight credits? Thank you for your help! 

3 minutes ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

NCL booked terrible flight times for an upcoming cruise. There are dozens of other flights available that work on numerous airlines. Has anyone had any luck with NCL changing flights that they already booked? Also, if I don’t take the flights that NCL booked for me on AA, can I use them as future flight credits? Thank you for your help! 

Pretty sure that's a lot of nooooooo's.

At least if you booked using the promo airfare.  If you booked airfare through NCL ( no promo), you might get somewhere.

I believe the tickets belong to NCL so probably no credits.

• Like 1

Not a chance if you booked using the promo.  They have arrangements with the airlines for fares in a certain price range, NCL and the airline will pick the flight that fits that range, regardless of what time it leaves.  You can TRY to get on 'standby' for an earlier flight (I don't know if NCL's ticket agreement with the airlines allows for this), but that just means hanging around the airport waiting for that call that may never come.

NCL is paying for the flight, NCL gets to pick when you fly.  Take my Fall cruise in 2019 for example - ship docked and started disembarkation by 8 AM, I made it to LAX by 10 AM, my flight wasn't until 11 PM.  Fortunately I had a car reserved and did some touring around the LA area, went back to LAX for dinner and hung around the terminal for a couple hours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hallux said:

Not a chance if you booked using the promo.  They have arrangements with the airlines for fares in a certain price range, NCL and the airline will pick the flight that fits that range, regardless of what time it leaves.  You can TRY to get on 'standby' for an earlier flight (I don't know if NCL's ticket agreement with the airlines allows for this), but that just means hanging around the airport waiting for that call that may never come.

NCL is paying for the flight, NCL gets to pick when you fly.  Take my Fall cruise in 2019 for example - ship docked and started disembarkation by 8 AM, I made it to LAX by 10 AM, my flight wasn't until 11 PM.  Fortunately I had a car reserved and did some touring around the LA area, went back to LAX for dinner and hung around the terminal for a couple hours.

Yikes!!  I guess technically they flew you out the day the cruise ended.

10 hours ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

Your flight times might change depending how far out your cruise is.

However, If NCL has posted your "Locator Number" to your "MY NCL" itinerary, you DO NOT have any further say!  As previous posters stated, the reservations belong to NCL!

8 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yikes!! 

Those are the perils of flying in/out of Albany, not many flights and direct flights only to select cities (and NONE of those are on the West coast, though we used to have SWA direct to Vegas).  By the time I'd have gotten to the layover airport it would have been too late in most cases to catch the last flight to Albany.

Lots of detail info on their website - https://www.ncl.com/air-service-standards

I did discover (I think) a little about how NCL may do their flights. 
When booking international travel, we do our best to provide flights with no more than two connections and layovers not to exceed five hours.

I'm guessing that they may save the more direct overseas flights for those who have multiple legs just getting to the east or west coast.  Seems to be working that way for my upcoming trip to Italy anyway, based on comments on the roll-call.