Walgreens ID Now Test Results

Fla Mike

On 9/21/2021 at 1:51 PM, Fla Mike said:

After all the stress of getting a test appointment and reading all the info here on CC our testing day finally arrived this morning.

We will be leaving on the Magic this Thursday (Sept 23), so today was the day.

Yes, we are fully vaccinated.

We live on the Florida treasure Coast.

I originally had made an appointment with Quest, but when everything changed to two days, they could not guarantee results on time.

It was time to look at CVS and Walgreens...

The closest CVS offering a rapid test for us was 40 miles away and they would take an appointment 2 weeks out, so I made the appointment.

Walgreens would only take appointments 3 days out, but they were down the block.

I was concerned that Carnival would not accept this test but our neighbors kids were on the Magic two weeks ago and did this same Walgreens test and had no problem.

Awaking at  1 AM Saturday morning, I made the appointments, and cancelled CVS.

Our appointments was at 9:30 and 9:45 respectively.

We showed up at the drive-through at 9:15 and we able to begin. They checked out ID, and never asked for any proof of insurance.

Cost $0

For the both of us took all of 10 minutes, maybe. We were home again by 9:30.

By 10AM we both received our email link.

Below is a shot of the results.

I wanted to share this in case anyone had any doubts.

This was quick and easy.

Now it's time to get ready for a Guy's burger and A Thirsty Frog!!!

Walgreens Test.JPG

Did you have any trouble using this test to board the cruise?

• Like 1

Just sharing my experience with IdNow and Walgreen.  My previous test in August got results in about 1.5 hrs.  Today's test was 9:30a and result email didn't come until 6p.  Lesson is not to assume always quick turn around and procrastinate to test morning of boarding.

Thank you for letting us know about this. I booked three slots for my family at CVS two weeks ago as they fill up really quick for weekends. We leave Monday so at earliest had to be tested today. The emailed Thursday afternoon saying we were cancelled due to site temporarily closing. It was too late to get any tests at any other CVS and too late for the home tests to be delivered. Thankfully Walgreen's had times available. We were tested at 12:30 and had the results within an hour. So kudos to you and Walgreen's.

I did the PCR test at Walgreens for travel to Aruba. 3 of us and we waited 90 plus minutes in the drive thru (you have do it in the drive thru) with an appointment to take our tests. Then averaged 10 minutes for each of us.  It seemed everyone in line was testing that day. Even though we entered everything - all of our demographic and insurance information, they asked every single question and needed our insurance cards and ID etc to process. 
I had started a new job 2 days before and was on my lunch hour. 

I will say we had our results in about 3-4 hours.

so for this cruise I’m booking an appt for after work lol … 

On 9/21/2021 at 12:21 PM, Fla Mike said:

After all the stress of getting a test appointment and reading all the info here on CC our testing day finally arrived this morning.

We will be leaving on the Magic this Thursday (Sept 23), so today was the day.

Yes, we are fully vaccinated.

We live on the Florida treasure Coast.

I originally had made an appointment with Quest, but when everything changed to two days, they could not guarantee results on time.

It was time to look at CVS and Walgreens...

The closest CVS offering a rapid test for us was 40 miles away and they would take an appointment 2 weeks out, so I made the appointment.

Walgreens would only take appointments 3 days out, but they were down the block.

I was concerned that Carnival would not accept this test but our neighbors kids were on the Magic two weeks ago and did this same Walgreens test and had no problem.

Awaking at  1 AM Saturday morning, I made the appointments, and cancelled CVS.

Our appointments was at 9:30 and 9:45 respectively.

We showed up at the drive-through at 9:15 and we able to begin. They checked out ID, and never asked for any proof of insurance.

Cost $0

For the both of us took all of 10 minutes, maybe. We were home again by 9:30.

By 10AM we both received our email link.

Below is a shot of the results.

I wanted to share this in case anyone had any doubts.

This was quick and easy.

Now it's time to get ready for a Guy's burger and A Thirsty Frog!!!

Walgreens Test.JPG

Do you know if three days out is the standard scheduling window? I can’t find any concrete info and calling sent me in a never ending loop! I just need to know how far in advance I can schedule. Thank you. 

Missy

10 minutes ago, mommytothreeboys said:

Do you know if three days out is the standard scheduling window? I can’t find any concrete info and calling sent me in a never ending loop! I just need to know how far in advance I can schedule. Thank you. 

Missy

For Walgreens, three days seems to be correct.

I would try to do a mock appointment on their site to see how far out you can go.