COVID-19 Vaccine requirements?

twonpcb

8 hours ago, graphicguy said:

If anyone won't get vaccinated, or won't test for COVID upon embarkation, regardless of age, alleged religious affiliation (although I've yet run into any major world religion banning vaccines)...

"christian scientists" and the dutch reformed church.

On 9/27/2021 at 1:28 AM, twonpcb said:

OK y’all, I am the OP and I really did not intend to cause such an uproar.  I am going to keep politics completely out of my response.  I live in Florida.  Our governor at some point issued a decree that cruise lines could not require folks to prove they were vaccinated before boarded a cruise ship.  I then see NCL is requiring 100% vaccination for all crew and passengers.  My simple “conflicting information” post was how is NCL doing this with DeSantis’ decree?

NCL requires 100% vaccinations. Royal requires 100% of passengers 12 years old and older be vaccinated. Your Governor tried and failed to keep the cruise industry from keeping their customers safe. The DeSantis decree never got off the ground. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL requires 100% vaccinations. Royal requires 100% of passengers 12 years old and older be vaccinated. Your Governor tried and failed to keep the cruise industry from keeping their customers safe. The DeSantis decree never got off the ground. 

I was not aware that RCCL requires 100% 12+ to be vaccinated.  I am pleased to hear this.  To be clear, I am on the side of “I want to cruise on a ship where all the folks are vaccinated.”

You really don’t want to hear my opinion of our illustrious governor.  I assume the CC boards are at least PG rated so that pretty much eliminates any comment I could make on that situation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, twonpcb said:

I was not aware that RCCL requires 100% 12+ to be vaccinated.  I am pleased to hear this.  To be clear, I am on the side of “I want to cruise on a ship where all the folks are vaccinated.”

You really don’t want to hear my opinion of our illustrious governor.  I assume the CC boards are at least PG rated so that pretty much eliminates any comment I could make on that situation.

Most hold-outs on the vaccine requirement for 12+ had to change their tune when Bermuda started requiring it for people arriving by cruise ship. Royal, MSC, and Disney all had to switch to full vaccination for adults in order to stop at their private islands in the Bahamas.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Moreover, the FL decree was shot down by the courts.  I don’t see the vaccination requirements put in place by the cruise lines to be lifted any time in the foreseeable future.  If anything, they may be a requirement in order to sail, along with passports.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 8:27 AM, hallux said:

The touch-screens near the elevator lobbies may be the best option.  The screens face the stairs.  There are two at each elevator bank, one portside, one starboard on each deck...

Thank you, Hallux. I thought I had already posted an acknowledgment of your reply, but I’m not seeing it. The CC functions in my iPad are slightly different now from what I was used to on my desktop, which sadly died.

Less than two months to our sail date! So excited! We have a BA midship deck 15. I’m pretty sure we’re going to be fine there but welcome any advice from y’all NCL veterans.. The expectation of perhaps being able to dispense with masks and social distancing ALONE sounds so wonderful..partying as if it were 1919…🥳🥳🥳

The line from the NCL website that sold us on cruising again was:

“All guests and crew are required to be 100% fully vaccinated.”

Not to belabor the obvious here but it doesn’t get any more “concise” than that. 😁

On 9/29/2021 at 1:41 AM, Altamira said:

just booked [...] with Norwegian precisely because of their vaccination policy. We think it’s the best and safest right now.

Yep, that's the beauty of the free market.  Those that like the policy can go NCL, those that hate it can go somewhere else  😀

• Like 1