Just off Iona 18/9 - 25/9

lindyloo22

Embarkation was much easier then I thought it would be,  first covid test we were told there wasn’t a queue so first they check your COVID pass then on to have your test could not have taken anymore then 15 minutes. Then on to the next queue to get into terminal while in this queue our results came through. Next it’s the health questions they asked more then the one you do on line, after that you join queue for check in they asked to see results of Covid test and at check in they just scan passports, then through customs and on to ship I would say it all took about 45 minutes so not to bad, then on to muster station I think it’s boarding pass they scan then up to cabin cases already there.

cabin was on deck 14 big enough for 2 we did have a sofa bed but I think if there was 3 people it would be a bit tight, enough wardrobe space and shelf’s and a couple of other cupboards so plenty of room to put your cloths etc. bathroom was small but nice. Balcony not a bad size.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, wherever we ate the food was good I do think there was less choice with the food but could complain about any of it, always managed to get a table easily and a sun bed and there are a lot of open spaces where you can sit, this may have been because she was sailing with only about 2500 so it may be a bit different when she is sailing full.

Weather was glorious which was a bonus, would I sail on her again I think I would because 7 days is not enough to see all the ship.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

We were on this cruise too and had the best time! Iona is beautiful and there was just so much choice. We had suite 9739 which was great. The inside space wasn't huge but the very large wraparound balcony (best one we've had) and the bathroom more than make up for it. When we got allocated this cabin, I was worried about being above the clubhouse venue and also overlooking the sunset bar, however neither were an issue. I only noticed noise from clubhouse when the band were playing and it didnt bother us. With regards to the aft bar, it was actually quite nice being able to overlook it, as it felt like being part of the atmosphere whilst having a nice private area. It was pretty quiet and there was no smoking allowed there which I had been worried about. 

Weather was fantastic as already mentioned and we saw so many dolphins.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, NaomiW said:

We were on this cruise too and had the best time! Iona is beautiful and there was just so much choice. We had suite 9739 which was great. The inside space wasn't huge but the very large wraparound balcony (best one we've had) and the bathroom more than make up for it. When we got allocated this cabin, I was worried about being above the clubhouse venue and also overlooking the sunset bar, however neither were an issue. I only noticed noise from clubhouse when the band were playing and it didnt bother us. With regards to the aft bar, it was actually quite nice being able to overlook it, as it felt like being part of the atmosphere whilst having a nice private area. It was pretty quiet and there was no smoking allowed there which I had been worried about. 

Weather was fantastic as already mentioned and we saw so many dolphins.

Hi Naomi

Thanks for your review, I have been waiting for one from a person

having a suite over the aft.  I am so glad the noise was not overly a

nuisance because I have been very concerned as we have a similar

suite on Arvia and I have seriously considered cancelling because

of the bars, entertainment, jacuzzis etc which are situated on aft.

So glad you enjoyed. Is it possible to PM you with further questions.

Terri 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silkworms said:

Hi Naomi

Terri 

Yes of course, please do. Happy to answer any questions..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, silkworms said:

Hi Naomi

Terri 

We have the same concerns as you as the only accessible suite is an aft one, but I’m not sure that a staycation cruise with just half the passengers would convince me that our concerns were unfounded. Whilst the cruise had good weather, it would have been cool in the evenings. I can imagine the aft outdoor area to be busy (and noisy) when the ship is full, especially on a summer cruise (Med etc) when the evenings are still warm. 

Edited by Selbourne

20 hours ago, lindyloo22 said:

Embarkation was much easier then I thought it would be,  first covid test we were told there wasn’t a queue so first they check your COVID pass then on to have your test could not have taken anymore then 15 minutes. Then on to the next queue to get into terminal while in this queue our results came through. Next it’s the health questions they asked more then the one you do on line, after that you join queue for check in they asked to see results of Covid test and at check in they just scan passports, then through customs and on to ship I would say it all took about 45 minutes so not to bad, then on to muster station I think it’s boarding pass they scan then up to cabin cases already there.

cabin was on deck 14 big enough for 2 we did have a sofa bed but I think if there was 3 people it would be a bit tight, enough wardrobe space and shelf’s and a couple of other cupboards so plenty of room to put your cloths etc. bathroom was small but nice. Balcony not a bad size.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, wherever we ate the food was good I do think there was less choice with the food but could complain about any of it, always managed to get a table easily and a sun bed and there are a lot of open spaces where you can sit, this may have been because she was sailing with only about 2500 so it may be a bit different when she is sailing full.

Weather was glorious which was a bonus, would I sail on her again I think I would because 7 days is not enough to see all the ship.

I'm really pleased you had a great cruise Lindy.

Graham.

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Naomi.

Did the white roof of the sunset bar affect your view of the ships wake at the back of the ship.

Thanks Graham.

Not at all for us, but it did affect the people in the standard balcony cabin next to us (the 2 cabins in the middle I think)

• Thanks 1