bed position on solstice

sewingbee

Hi, does anyone know how to work out the bed position from the deck plans? We prefer the bed by the bathroom but can't work it out. The sticky with the cabin information on doesn't have every cabin (yet!) so it's hard to work out for the available cabins which to go for.

The cabins alternate so you could find a cabin on the deck you are interested in then check on the sticky for one close to it that indicates the bed position and work your way backward.

Another thing to look at is that if the cabin has a black square in it in the deck plan that indicates a fold out sofa. These, the fold out sofas, are usually positioned by the bathroom. you can back count cabins using this info too.

That's the best I can suggest.

Cheers, h

3 minutes ago, middlehaitch said:

The cabins alternate so you could find a cabin on the deck you are interested in then check on the sticky for one close to it that indicates the bed position and work your way backward.

Another thing to look at is that if the cabin has a black square in it in the deck plan that indicates a fold out sofa. These, the fold out sofas, are usually positioned by the bathroom. you can back count cabins using this info too.

That's the best I can suggest.

Cheers, h

Just to clarify - it is the bed (not the fold out sofa) that is positioned by the bathroom

Edited by NantahalaCruiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Just to clarify - it is the bed (not the fold out sofa) that is positioned by the bathroom

Crikey, thanks for catching that. As I was typing I had my preference (bed near window) in my head and miss typed what I meant to say. 

NantahalaCruiser is correct, sorry, h.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sewingbee said:

Hi, does anyone know how to work out the bed position from the deck plans? We prefer the bed by the bathroom but can't work it out. The sticky with the cabin information on doesn't have every cabin (yet!) so it's hard to work out for the available cabins which to go for.

Which Class ship???

2 hours ago, sewingbee said:

Me again. After I hit send, I realized it was Solstice. It took me a while to figure the bed placement since I suffer from motion sickness and have to book a cabin that when lying in bed, my head is facing forward (like driving a car). Most of the times the s class spread sheet helps because I look for port side double rooms with the bed by the balcony. 

Look for cabins that sleep 3/4 they will have a square or triangle on the deck plan, these have the bed by the bath.  They are in modules of 2 bed by bath, bed by balcony so when unmarked, like AQ you can count from the last marked cabin with a square or triangle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

Do you have a particular stateroom in mind?  

no, at this stage we are looking for 2 together on 7/8/9 solstice. It will depend on what's available when we go to the agent tomorrow, I just wanted a way to know quickly without having to open the spreadsheet and search each room!

16 minutes ago, sewingbee said:

no, at this stage we are looking for 2 together on 7/8/9 solstice. It will depend on what's available when we go to the agent tomorrow, I just wanted a way to know quickly without having to open the spreadsheet and search each room!

If you are looking at 2 together, then one will have bed by bath and other bed by balcony.   

Looking at decks 7, 8, and 9, there are numerous staterooms with black squares and/or triangles to choose from with bed by the bath.  All those staterooms have bed by the bath because all fold out sofa beds and upper berths are located by the balcony.  Now, all you have to do is count from the square/triangle up or down since all staterooms alternate.  

The staterooms are constructed in modules of 2 with the one on the right having bed by the bath, and the one on the left having bed by the balcony.   If you want two staterooms together using the same alcove, the stateroom to the left of the one with bed by the bath will be the one you want to choose.

• Like 2

The S-Class rooms are placed in the ships by pods. 2 to a pod. Look at the deck plan and pick the deck you want to be on:

1. Imagine yourself standing in the hallway looking at the doors to the cabin, either at the front or the back of the hallway. 

2. The cabin on your right hand side will have bed by the bath.

3. The one on your left hand side will have the bed by the balcony.

4. Also you can look at the symbols in the squares, a square or a triangle or both should have the bed by the bath to allow the extra bed(s) to be by the balcony for ease of getting to the closet.

5. Room numbers may not be the same rendering on each deck, i.e. say 7212 may not been same placement as 8212. (no, I don't understand it either)