Does anyone know if the soda or water you buy you can take?

crusingrightnow

39 minutes ago, crusingrightnow said:

Like take with you around the cruise ship or is that not allowed ?

Depends on the cruise line. Our preferred cruise line provides all non-alcoholic beverages at no cost. At the other end of the spectrum, some lines prohibit bringing some (or all) personal beverages aboard.

It is cruise line dependent, and is changing (post COVID)

I know that HAL is trying to change. Some documentation had allowed water and Soda (limited quantities - no plastic bottles) - in the contract, but the the Know Before You Go (KBYG) has NO Water/Soda. Not sure what happens on the pier, but anecdotal comments are...business as usual.

I think it is a case of having bigger things to worry about with all the covid stuff (don't we all).

Wine bring-aboard is also changing - so check that if you bring aboard.

Just read the cruise contract and FAQ pages for each cruise line.

On 9/29/2021 at 2:47 PM, crusingrightnow said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

I am wondering if the above 3 posters are answering your question.  Your question is not totally clear in my mind.  If you are asking about what these posters are saying, I agree with what they are saying.  If you are asking:  may I buy some water/soda/alcoholic beverage in a ship's bar and take it around the ship, the answer to that question is YES.  

If you can drink it on the ship you can drink it pretty much ANYWHERE on the ship.  If your carried it on, enjoy it, but there MAY be restrictions on drinking your BYOB alcohol (I don't drink so I don't know that for sure, and that may vary by line).  If you picked up a drink at a bar, you don't need to finish it there.  People will often get drinks at a bar to bring into the theater with them, rather than wait for service in the theater.

On 9/29/2021 at 11:47 AM, crusingrightnow said:

Hopefully, you’ve figured out that there are quite a number of cruise lines that actually provide unlimited non-alcoholic beverages at no additional cost. 
FWIW: Always a “head-scratcher” that some folks just compare cabin prices in looking for value but never consider what is included.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you can take a bottle of water from any source anywhere on the ship.  I have frequently ordered a large bottle of Pelegríno with dinner, taken the remainder to the the theater or my cabin, etc.  I have taken a water bottle that I carried on to the pool, etc.  Enjoy your cruise! 

On 9/29/2021 at 4:15 PM, RGEDad said:

I know that HAL is trying to change. Some documentation had allowed water and Soda (limited quantities - no plastic bottles) - in the contract, but the the Know Before You Go (KBYG) has NO Water/Soda.

Wine bring-aboard is also changing - so check that if you bring aboard.

The above was written for the Summer 2021 Alaskan cruise.

All my upcoming booked cruises with HAL are now consistent in that No Soda. Water is limited to 6 liters and NO plastic bottles. there is a $20 Corkage Fee for all wine, no other alcohol. The Know Before You Go (KBYG), FAQs, and Contract are all in agreement (at least for my upcoming cruises). 

Some anecdotal stories about non-rigorous enforcement but...How lucky do you feel.

My Carnival cruise allows Water & Soda (One case of cans - NO Plastic) per person and one bottle of wine per person for consumption in your cabin. 

Every cruise line (I have looked at) will discuss this somewhere in their cruise documentation.

1 hour ago, RGEDad said:

All my upcoming booked cruises with HAL are now consistent in that No Soda. Water is limited to 6 liters and NO plastic bottles. there is a $20 Corkage Fee for all wine, no other alcohol. The Know Before You Go (KBYG), FAQs, and Contract are all in agreement (at least for my upcoming cruises). 

Some anecdotal stories about non-rigorous enforcement but...How lucky do you feel.

My Carnival cruise allows Water & Soda (One case of cans - NO Plastic) per person and one bottle of wine per person for consumption in your cabin. 

Every cruise line (I have looked at) will discuss this somewhere in their cruise documentation.

1 hour ago, RGEDad said:

As aforementioned (post #7), there are cruise lines that do not charge extra for non-alcoholic beverages. Some (like Oceania) will even stick your fridge with your favorite sodas/juices etc (if you request this about a month before your cruise and they can get the items). Wine? Again, Oceania (and most other premium/luxury lines) allow you to bring wine and spirits (no enforced limits) onboard (for “in cabin” consumption). Personal wine can be brought to dining and other appropriate public venues for a $25 “corkage” fee. Fortunately, O regulars don’t abuse this liberal policy.