Celebrity Check in

curtsfan

6 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

If I I can’t check in by the beginning of November for our November 7th cruise my TA said to call her back. She said to be patient.

Hoping to have an answer on Friday, the next time I talk to one of the shore-side concierges managing this Constellation voyage.

On 10/7/2021 at 4:29 PM, Moonarino said:

FYI, check-in for our Apex Nov 4 cruise has been off-and-on a few times in the past month or more. I'd say just check at least once every day or two, and when it shows, get it done while it's there! 🤪

Some of this might be from trying to get the app to work better with the webpage or vice versa. Of course itinerary changes and other stuff too I imagine.

As an aside, your avatar is totally cool.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, marieps said:

As an aside, your avatar is totally cool.

Why thank you! Found it somewhere online years ago and finally decided to put it to use.

_____

It's not just X's technology having problems. My first reply this morning got lost in neverland, and couldn't react to comments a coupe of times. After multiple page refreshes and then signing out and back in, I do hope this effort works. Twice in a week I've had problems here on CC too.

On 10/8/2021 at 10:57 AM, canderson said:

Of interest - can pull up edocs using Chrome, but not latest Firefox.

I tried the 'Mail my luggage tags' button, but within the address form, the "Country" field refuses to allow a selection (Should drop down to a USA/Canada option), so that can't be completed.  Typical X IT performance.  Oh well.  Guess I'll print them from the edocs.  Little by little.

Funny (odd). In my case when Firefox fails, Opera handles it. (I don't use Chrome.) But ordering luggage tags with Firefox, I had no problem with the Country or anything, zipped right through. Weird. And frustrating when something refuses to work.

Twice this morning I've had to logout and back in to get something to work.

In defense of IT (as a former manager et al), it's always been a problem when asked to do too much with too little. (If it's not about sales/profits/whatever-the-frontline-mission, good luck with your departmental budget.) And it's only getting worse, because increasingly people like us expect or demand too much -- OR corporate tries to guess new ways every week to increase the bottom line, or something -- like with these new cruise-line apps or their greatly expanded functionality. We didn't neessarily ask for it, I'm sure IT didn't ask for the extra workload with no additional staff, but we're all stuck with it. And good luck to all of us. 🙃

Edited by Moonarino

Check in for my November 28 cruise was available again today (45 days in advance).  Somewhat surprisingly, this was the date indicated in the Celebrity app. The original entries while check in was previously available and then closed, were maintained. However, no edocs yet.

For those on 11/6 sailing of the Reflection - our CD Steve says everything is on schedule and we should be able to check in around 10/20.  They are working on the port issue.  I am not going to get stressed & will keep on packing!   These are strange times, indeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, canderson said:

Hoping to have an answer on Friday, the next time I talk to one of the shore-side concierges managing this Constellation voyage.

I got through to the CEO office (typically every customer service has a group of executive escalation agents).  While the person was unaware of the issue with the Constellation (and others), I sent her a screenshot, she contacted their IT department and eventually found out that ships that have not sailed yet are not opening Online Check-in until two weeks before they sail.  So, for our 11/7 sailing on the Constellation, we should expect to be able to check-in on or around 10/24.  

I was not able to find this out through my Costco TA or the Celebrity customer service agents.  I told them there are people that need to know this so they're not tying up TA's with easily answered questions.  I asked her to communicate better with their customers and partners.

Edited by Caribbean Tom
  • Like 1