New To Celebrity - What Do I Need To Know?

PurpleTraveller

you have a long time to prepare.  Just keep watching these boards and keep an eye out for any new policies and procedures between now and then, keeping in mind that Infinity is an M class ship, so when you read something about S class and E class ships, that might not apply to you

Edited by WestLakeGirl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

Hi, I am a long time Princess cruiser and I have just booked my first Celebrity cruise on Infinity for June 2022. What do I need to know, do before I board or do when I board? Thanks for any help or suggestions. 

You're asking a pretty broad question.  You'll find the search feature helpful.  It's not the best but it works.  Ex. "Infinity restaurants"

You don't say what kind of cabin you're in.  Suite,  Veranda, Aqua etc.  Some things are different for each cabin.  

There are a lot of helpful people here.  Some people will say "it's too early to ask questions" but ask anyway assuming you also use the search feature.

I would review the deck plans to see where everything is, restaurants, bars, etc.  Look at the cruise planner.  Are there any activities that interest you ex. Daniel Boulud dinner, Wines around the world, Macallan Scotch tasting etc.  Do you want to use the spa?

Hopefully this gets you started.  I'm on Infinity Oct 2022 Spain/Portugal.

Edited by zitsky
  • Thanks 1

Having cruised before there is really nothing you need to know.  All the cruise lines are basically the same.   They sail out of the same ports to the same ports.  Get on and off at the gang plank.   All sail away at about the same time.  Buffets and pools are on the upper decks.  Lower decks have the shops, lounges, and MDR 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, miched said:

Having cruised before there is really nothing you need to know.  All the cruise lines are basically the same.   They sail out of the same ports to the same ports.  Get on and off at the gang plank.   All sail away at about the same time.  Buffets and pools are on the upper decks.  Lower decks have the shops, lounges, and MDR 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Well if everything is the same everywhere why do we need Cruise Critic?  🤣

Thanks everyone! The cruise is fairly port intensive with only one sea day so probably won't get time to do many on board activities. I have checked out the ship's deck plans and closer to the cruise I will post more specific questions if I haven't seen an answer on this board. I'm really looking forward to my first Celebrity cruise! 🚢

15 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

Thanks everyone! The cruise is fairly port intensive with only one sea day so probably won't get time to do many on board activities. I have checked out the ship's deck plans and closer to the cruise I will post more specific questions if I haven't seen an answer on this board. I'm really looking forward to my first Celebrity cruise! 🚢

Take a look at some of the past threads on Cruise Critic comparing Celebrity to Princess as another place to start.

• Thanks 1