Pillow question

MogeyMan

You definitely get clean pillow slips with your cabin. However (and please no grief for this comment) the pillows many times have a definite odor from people who have chosen not to wash their hair or scalp on a regular basis. Maybe a generational thing but we do notice it a lot on HAL cruises. It can be so nauseating to my wife that sometimes she has to cover the pillow with a towel. HAL used to offer a lavender-scented pillow spray that helped, but haven't seen that recently. My honest opinion is if this could be a problem for you, bring your own pillow. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MogeyMan said:

Am I crazy for taking my own pillow covers?

My DSWW (Dear Sweet Wonderful Wife) is definitely particular/peculiar about her Pillows. Hence - we bring 2 (yes TWO) Pillow cases & Pillows - but just her 2 most favorite pillows - Thank Goodness.  Really bumps up the volume of luggage to be transported - luckily, not so much the tonnage. 

I finally went and found several vacuum bags to help compress the pillows so they will fit in the luggage. We had a family...discussion...if compressing the pillows would hurt them - they were after all her most favorite pillows. Had to do some "Testing" on not-so-favorite pillows first.

I put the pillows in the bag, mostly close the bag, lay on the bag, then close the bag (for once, being "Hefty" is has one redeeming advantage).

I am certainly glad I don't have any such...eccentricities...in my behavior...do I.

BTW- Found out that (For our usual airline) hand carry-on comfort items (Pillows, headrests, blankets and the like) are not considered personal items (Like medical equipment) and are not "counted". Unclear if one of the two current pillows will be hand carried, or we will be adding a third - could go either way.

Edited by RGEDad
Added the BTW
  • Haha 1

I'm happy to see other's talking about pillows!  I've had concerns about them for years and have taken a towel with me to cover the pillow when we travel.  We're getting ready to board in not too long and I've ordered pillow covers we're taking with us.

An additional pillow issue which irritates me is that I have seen pillows placed on the floor while they make the bed.  

Sometimes I resort to putting the pillow I am using in the closet somewhere when the room is being cleaned.  I know...I might be a little over the top...but it sounds like I'm not alone.