Any hotels in Miami offer room and parking rates? (RCL Jewel March 2022)

Jezo

We'll be driving in and looking to see if any local hotels have affordable rates with the ability to leave your car and get a shuttle to the hotel.

I checked out a couple but the weekend rates are all $400 to $500 for a Friday to Saturday stay.  Does anyone have any personal recommendations if anyone has ever done this before?  I want to go the day before so we wont run a risk of missing the cruise because of the highways being unimpededly closed or filled with traffic.

2 hours ago, Jezo said:

We'll be driving in and looking to see if any local hotels have affordable rates with the ability to leave your car and get a shuttle to the hotel.

I checked out a couple but the weekend rates are all $400 to $500 for a Friday to Saturday stay.  Does anyone have any personal recommendations if anyone has ever done this before?  I want to go the day before so we wont run a risk of missing the cruise because of the highways being unimpededly closed or filled with traffic.

My march 12 2023 oasis out of Miami is 1k more expensive than I could book the month before. I'm told we are hitting spring break.

My march 20 cruise, hotels march 19 in Galveston are crazy expensive. So so hotels over $400. 

Since you say march and say you are seeing high hotel prices... you too might be running into what I'm seeing. I cant decide if I should stay in houston and just pay for 2 weeks of cruise parking or pay sky high rates for a hotel that let's me park. Right now I think it's cheaper to pay for the cruise parking and not stay there.

Miami too will have spring breakers and snow birds in march. Prices will probably be super high. That's what I'm seeing. Seriously a super 8 for $425 a night? Plus taxes. I'm trying to decide myself about a march hotel. Same issues. 

Of course I havent even looked at march 2023 hotels for oasis .. thanks for the warning lol.

Edited by firefly333
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, firefly333 said:

My march 12 2023 oasis out of Miami is 1k more expensive than I could book the month before. I'm told we are hitting spring break.

Yep, March 12 week is spring break for many Florida schools so it's peak cruise time for everyone in the area.  I am expecting the ships to be packed with families and kids that week. 

We could leave our place at 2am and be down in Miami in under 4 hours, as long as something doesn't blow up on the highway or there is a major disaster traffic shouldn't be an issue.  The ship's departed sailing time is 4:30 pm, if it takes 12 hours to get from the Orlando area to Miami then we have a whole different kind of problems on our hand, with the hotel prices maybe we will just drive.