Why??? Why is NCL.com soooo out of date

intrepid_guy

Does anyone know if the deck plans are accurately pictured in the new brochures?

Yes, for the most part, the 2006-2007 ones are correct, though it shows the new cabins on 13 which are not there and Shogun is identified as Bamboo. Funny, even on the ship if you go to the aft elevators and check the directory of what is on each floor, it lists the cabins on deck 13 (not there).

~Intrepid

PS - Once, about 3 years ago or so, I sent NCL a letter thanking them for a great cruise on the Norway. In addition I brought to their attention a picture in the brochure (that they had used for at least 2 years) that was misidentified as Boston, when in fact the picture was Baltimore. I know it was because I live in Baltimore and the photo is the Inner Harbor, I identified the buildings and the ship in the picture. The next brochure it was corrected... and not a thanks to me. :p

Now over the weekend i noticed that at least one part of the website is way ahead of the game.

Go to "Voyages & pricing",then work your way to the "Cruise vacation search" page.

If you pull down the ship menu you will see they have already listed the Norwegian Pearl.

You just get an error page if you try and search for sailing dates.

But at least the ship is listed.

WHY, oh WHY do so many Cruise Critic threads take the shape of:

Post #1

Why ...blah blah blah or HOW blah blah blah or WHEN, etc.

post #2

Hmmm....yeah... I noticed that too. Have no idea, but felt like posting.

Post #3

Me too. Weird....dunno.

Post # 4

here's the answer....blah blah blah

Post #5 - 26

Me too. You know, I noticed that too...always wondered....

Post #27

How about them Mets? Did you SEE that game?

Post #28

Somebody better mention NCL soon, of the post will be seen as in the wrong forum!

Post #29

Me too. Hey, OP .... In case you didn't read post #4, here's the answer again.

Post #30

Here's the answer.... (or in THIS case, a whole new series of questions...)

Post #31

I know.... I used to live in AnywhereVille too. Did you know Sean who went to BlahBlah school in grade 3?

Post #32

No, but I bought eggs at the grocery store in the town 20 kms away!

Post #33

Wow.

Post #34

Me too. I've always wondered why, how, when, etc.

It's amazing how many threads follow this exact (or some facsimile thereof) format.....anybody have 34 opinions as to why that is? :rolleyes:

Stephen

WHY, oh WHY do so many Cruise Critic threads take the shape of:

Post #1

Why ...blah blah blah or HOW blah blah blah or WHEN, etc.

post #2

Hmmm....yeah... I noticed that too. Have no idea, but felt like posting.

Post #3

Me too. Weird....dunno.

Post # 4

here's the answer....blah blah blah

Post #5 - 26

Me too. You know, I noticed that too...always wondered....

Post #27

How about them Mets? Did you SEE that game?

Post #28

Somebody better mention NCL soon, of the post will be seen as in the wrong forum!

Post #29

Me too. Hey, OP .... In case you didn't read post #4, here's the answer again.

Post #30

Here's the answer.... (or in THIS case, a whole new series of questions...)

Post #31

I know.... I used to live in AnywhereVille too. Did you know Sean who went to BlahBlah school in grade 3?

Post #32

No, but I bought eggs at the grocery store in the town 20 kms away!

Post #33

Wow.

Post #34

Me too. I've always wondered why, how, when, etc.

It's amazing how many threads follow this exact (or some facsimile thereof) format.....anybody have 34 opinions as to why that is? :rolleyes:

Stephen

Whoa - you need to chill out a bit, what you describe is now and has been typical of most BBS websites for a long time. Unless moderators edit heavily you are going to see this.

Also, add tot he fact that there is not a chat feature or "Private Message" function on this BBS, that will increase this type of posting.

No need to get to bent out of shape over it! :confused:

Whoa - you need to chill out a bit, what you describe is now and has been typical of most BBS websites for a long time. Unless moderators edit heavily you are going to see this.

Also, add tot he fact that there is not a chat feature or "Private Message" function on this BBS, that will increase this type of posting.

No need to get to bent out of shape over it! :confused:

OMG.. That was an attempt at HUMOUR. I was not the LEAST little bit stressed out about it. I was AMUSED by it.

:eek:

OMG.. That was an attempt at HUMOUR. I was not the LEAST little bit stressed out about it. I was AMUSED by it.

:eek:

Thank heavens! I read it the same way Matt did, and was wondering who was messing with your Cheerio's this morning! :eek: Glad to know you were amused, not irritated. :D

I see. Well then please excuse my response. Keep in mind that sarcasm is hard to detect on here. :rolleyes:

:) That's why I put the little rolly-eyes at the bottom! :rolleyes:

Oh well... I have a peculiar sense-of-humour anyway....

Maybe Log42 can take this info back to NCL: You'll sell more European cruises this summer if you a) fix the online brochure request so it includes the Europe brochure and b) convince your customer service reps to actually mail the Europe brochure when someone calls to ask for it. Thanks!

:) That's why I put the little rolly-eyes at the bottom! :rolleyes:

Oh well... I have a peculiar sense-of-humour anyway....

Hey- I for one totally understand!

Post #110: isn't the weather in Western New York/Southern Ontario going to make you slash your wrists LOL LOL ROFLMAO smiley face blah blah?

Post #220: today I only ate 1/2 bowl of cereal, 1/4 apple- yet I'm still carrying this obscene frozen tundra-related winter weight. Hope I can lose 25 pounds before my cruise in 33 days! PS: is it possible to get two lobsters in the dining room before my specialty restaurant reservation? Just wondering. Thx.

I hear ya on the short fuse/sick sense of humOR/get me away from this computer/I need a vacation.

I am likewise frustrated -- thought I'd like to try NCL's freestyle cruising. Not sure I care to, now. I have been pricing European cruises (RCL and NCL) for several weeks. I like to comparison shop everything, particularly when I have never tried a line and don't know what to expect. I can find the cost of excursions on RCL, but not NCL which is still listing a pdf for 2005 and saying things will change for 2006 -- like, hello, it's 2006!!! So not only can I not price the excursions (what about people who actually have to budget and need to know how much the total thing will cost?), I don't even know if the same excursions will be offered in 2006.

Since Travelocity listed that the air would require a pre-night in Barcelona, I called an NCL agent. She was NOT nice, and could not tell me when their flight would leave the Midwest. Now how in the heck does one plan vacation time when one cannot tell when one is flying out? I called a Travelocity agent who told me their air was through the ship line and that was what they were being told -- a pre night. I would love a pre-night for the same price, but what the heck, I need to know when I'm leaving. Yet, another TA told me that NCL had not made their air deals and that is why they couldn't tell me when the plane would leave the states -- hadn't negotiated air prices just a hair over 90 days out?

RCL is aprx $500 more for pretty much the same 7 day trip but at this point, I am thinking that I should stay with what I know. NCL is just looking like too much of a rinky dink outfit to me, and that makes me worry about the quality of the entire trip.

One last bit of angst -- hubby was surfing the NCL site to try to get info and thought if he went through the booking process, he could get excursion cost info. He went through it all, but did not fill in cc info. He got a booking number and an email the next day saying he was booked!!!! Now, I need to check the on line cc service to make sure that somehow they didn't get my cc and charge it. I find that bizarre -- other cruise line sites just put a 24 hr hold on without cc info, and the email with the booking # was one of those can't hit reply things so I couldn't even figure out what was going on.

Can't say I blame you. Expedia has been really, really good at dealing with NCL for me, both for this cruise and one I took a year ago. I don't even try to go to NCL.com or call them. For a while I used to call Latitudes to try to make an end run around NCL operators but they got wise to that real quick.

Yes- if you go to NCL and fake like you are buying the tickets they will send you a "booking confirmation." Ignore it. It expires after 24 hours.

New NCL cruiser here (booked on the Spirit for a sailing a year from this week).

While "shopping" the cruise, when I first looked at the NCL site, I assumed what I was seeing was an old, oudated 1998-era home page, and that surely the "current" version would reload in a second or two. When I realized I was wrong, I immediately thought "no way am I booking a cruise on this line without going through a GOOD agent!!!":eek:

Well, I dont know if it had anything to do with me or this thread, but NCL.com updated the SPIRIT's deckplans finally!!!

~Intrepid

I noticed that too....I have a feeling it just may have had to do with the mentioning of it on this thread. The timing was just too convenient.

Registrant:

Kloster Cruise Limited/Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

US

Domain Name: NCL.COM

Administrative Contact:

Norwegian Cruise Line Limited webmaster@NCL.COM

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

US

999 999 9999 fax: 999 999 9999

Technical Contact:

Callahan, Glenn webmaster@NCL.COM

Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 NW 19TH ST

MIAMI, FL 33126-1201

US

305-436-4520 fax: 877-810-1675

Cheers,

Norman

Yeah, Norman found it. But I can't help wondering why it is so hard to find out how to get in touch with NCL.

Before my last booked NCL cruise I looked everywhere on their site for an e-mail address so I could get in touch with them with some questions. Couldn't find one at all, so I was forced to try to call by phone and ended up getting stuck in the ridiculously long on-hold queue.

Why would a company want to make it so hard for their customers to reach them?

Why would a company want to make it so hard for their customers to reach them?

That is the question of the day!

It's the reverse of Netflix and every other web based business I've ever used- usually you have to fool around with FAQ's, send emails, etc. NCL just wants you to call them and stay on hold. BAD BUSINESS.

Hi I called NCL today to find out about excursions for July 16th

They told me that I would have to wait until May to find them out.

I did'nt have any other problems with NCL so far. They always seem

to want to help me. I do wonder why I have to wait so long to see

the excursions. It is a little upsetting to have to wait so long.

This is my first cruise and I am still wondering if we booked the right one?

I saw photos of the Spirit and think they are beautiful though.

Then I see things like this and I wonder if I made the right choice.

Guys what do you think? Thanks

Lady

NCL Spirit

July 16th 2006

Our first cruise.

Archived